Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you guys are getting the wrong Idea of what I was asking for. I know they are not PI shorts, but wondered if anyone has felt the pads in thier hands. I should not have posted that link, but a different one he is selling so you guys would not look at the Izumi thing. Here is a link to some different Kits he sells, all the same pads in them and great price and great looking jersey, but wonder if the shorts are worth buying as a 20-30 mile ride short
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-DISCOVERY-0...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why would you move this popst to here?? I am asking about any info someone might have about the padding in these shorts and it gets moved to "Hot Deals" WTF?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't buy that particular pair but another pair of knock off Chinese shorts. The pad was considerably thiner and the thread work was aweful (chaffing). Spend another 10.00 and get some better quality shorts. Your back side will be very glad you did.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a few "rock racing" kits from them. My impression of the shorts, they're ok, acceptable comfortabilty. Would not use them for century ride, but any ride under 40 miles would be ok. Shorts has similar quality with performance/nashbar entry level shorts.

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's the answer

schmalts said:
And that answers my question how??
I have NOT gotten anything from this seller.
BUT TAKE A LOOK.
You do not want stiching on the INSIDE of the padding, which these have.
That said, Better shorts do not have the larger stiching on the outside which holds the pad to the shorts.

I have a pair of low end shorts from a decent manufacturer in the states with similar outter stiching and I use it only when I am on the trainer.
Longer rides will mean chaffing.

Good Luck

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts