Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Tourist
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... which one would you rather ride ? Weight seems to be comparable, they both have carbon dropouts and are 'integrated style'. The shape of the Look near the base of the steer tube lets me think that you don't even use a crown race, just bearings on the fork. Some will say this would be crappy design because this would wear out the fork, personally I don't think this happens

· Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
I have no personal experience with the Look fork although a friend of mine loves the one that came on his Look 585.

I have both an Easton EC90SL and a EC90SLX and the only diffenrce I can tell bteween the two is when they were on the scale. They both perform excellent and I actually like the performance better than the Reynolds Ouzo Pro the SL had replaced.

If I was in your position I would go with the best price since both are the best from different companies.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
The LOOK HSC5SL does not need a crown race.

· Registered
1 Posts
Having riden both forks the SLX responds better under heavy braking and hard cornering, the HSC5SL is however a more comfortable ride tends to soak up road vibes better. Depends on what you are looking for in your bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.