Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an Edge 25 and read somewhere a comment that it only works with two sensors at a time. Until this week I've used a cadence and HRM with it and perfectly happy with the data I get.

Well I just added the speed sensor and on todays ride I only got cadence and speed. Argh!

I've looked through the manual and can't find any mention of this limitation. Is this something Garmin can do a software update for or do I need to shell out for the 520 if I want all three?

On the 520 can I get speed, HRM and cadence on the SAME screen? if so this would push me to the 520 as well.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Have an Edge 25 and read somewhere a comment that it only works with two sensors at a time. Until this week I've used a cadence and HRM with it and perfectly happy with the data I get.

Well I just added the speed sensor and on todays ride I only got cadence and speed. Argh!

I've looked through the manual and can't find any mention of this limitation. Is this something Garmin can do a software update for or do I need to shell out for the 520 if I want all three?

On the 520 can I get speed, HRM and cadence on the SAME screen? if so this would push me to the 520 as well.
With the garmin edge 25 you are limited to 2 data pages, the first data page being 3 metrics, and the second page being 2 metrics. When dealing with speed sensors on this make sure you are on firmware 3.30
pair the speed sensor, by going into the connect sensor menu then calibrate by finding a straight piece of road approx 800 meters once calibrated it should work right.
Garmin: Edge 25 Updates & Downloads

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i understand the data pages on the edge 25, my concern is that it appears i may be limited to 2 sensors whereas i want to use 3.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on my ride this morning I got speed and cadence but did not get any HRM info.

checked the strava and garmin connect uploads and neither had that data.

the only thing is I started the ride and realized about 1/4 mile in that I forgot the HRM strap so went back to get it. so maybe some sort of fluke with that but who knows.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HRM is on its own page. not ideal but I can live with it.

my concern is that it's looking like the edge 25 can not capture date from cadence, speed and hrm sensors all at once and is limited to any two of the above.

was trying to confirm that here.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
You should be able to capture from all sensors during the ride. If you forgot the hrm strap and went to go get it, chances are it wasn't paired for the ride.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The Edge 25 is Garmin's next to lowest model. I have had one ever since my 200 died a couple of years ago. It is a bit limited for hardcore training. But, for someone like me who rides mostly for stress relief it is perfect. All I really want is to know what my average speed is and how far I have ridden. It does that very well. I used the lap feature. I try to average about 15 MPH. (I know, at that speed why not just use a calendar) I set mine for laps at 5 miles. If I am under 20 minutes for the 5 miles, I am going just fine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my lap setting is 5m as well. i avoid looking at distance while i'm riding but i do like the little beeps at 5 mile increments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts