Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
papa sboak
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a mostly black short sleeve jersey. Never worn any colors other than white and yellow. Wondering about the effects of wearing black on a hot day. Any input would be appreciated.

·
In-House Counsel
579 Posts
seany916 said:
Thinking of getting a mostly black short sleeve jersey. Never worn any colors other than white and yellow. Wondering about the effects of wearing black on a hot day. Any input would be appreciated.
It'll make you much warmer.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
seany916 said:
Wear some black shorts and a black helmet to complete the "invisible cyclist" look.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
seany916 said:
Define hot...I wear black jerseys on Texas summers days with no ill effect. White might be a little cooler but the difference isn't huge..Material choice is more important than color in my opinion...

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Same as a cool day--more cars will hit you.

I won't get completely up on the soap box here, but one of the greatest contributions we could make to bicycle safety is to lose the ninja gear. Every damn day this time of year I see people riding at dawn and dusk, barely light enough to see, and they're in black tights, black jackets, black shoes...it's a wonder they don't kill half a dozen a day.

seany916 said:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had a jersy that was dark on one half, and light on another, and you could feel the difference.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Wear some black shorts and a black helmet to complete the "invisible cyclist" look.
That's exactly what I do, don't hold truck with no hi-viz uncool color stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts