Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one of these torque wrenches recently...

Question--when tightening bolts, it seems that the slower that I turn the wrench it is possible to exceed the Nm setting...so so I tighten bolts quickly, or slowly??

It seems that the 'precision' is in the hands of the person using the wrench...am I using the wrench incorrectly? :confused:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
PinarelloFan said:
First snug bolts with tradition hex . then finish with the Tourque wrench . Nice even tension . Don't go fast .I bought one a month ago , I love it .

+1 for the directions above. I do the same thing, getting it close with a hex and just applying the final twist or three with the torque wrench.

It has been fantastic to date...

Zach

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good advice above. Also, grease the bolts, so you don't confuse friction with torque. When fastening stem and bars, bring the torque up gradually on alternating bolts for even tension, e.g. top bolt up to 1 Nm, then bottom bolt. Increase to 2, 3, 4, 5 Nm.

·
Banned
270 Posts
pdh777 said:
Is everyone in agreement that this is a very good torque wrench?

How do they compare with the Park?

Where can you find them at a good price?
Well one is beam one is click . I have both and never use my park anymore . If price is not an issue , it's a no brainer .. cbike.com has a 15% off sale till sunday I believe .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PinarelloFan said:
Well one is beam one is click . I have both and never use my park anymore . If price is not an issue , it's a no brainer .. cbike.com has a 15% off sale till sunday I believe .

Thanks for the help everyone. Good ideas all around.

I bought mine from CanetoeRoad .com...then I saw the 15% off at CBike. Asked CR.com if they would match the price with the discount and they called CBike and had them raise their price to be the same as the CR price with the coupon applied...seems a little snaky.:rolleyes:

But I got the wrench about one day after I placed the order so the shipping is extremely fast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.