Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· awwww horseapples!!
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that thinks this is a total waste of time? Maybe its the position on the calendar in relation to the TDS and the TDF. Maybe its the fact that the roster look like the "water bottle carriers team time trial," it just seems that it could be removed from the pro-tour and be replaced by something else.

I love the TTT but this just never seems to amount to much.

· Banned
42 Posts
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

· Registered
139 Posts
Bad Link - Just to let you know we are used to your kind. I have seen plenty of your posts.

You guys come around for big races and are just complicated for no reason. I will go ahead and set the stage for you. Many people will post and root for Jan/Basso/Hincapie whomever it may be. Then some one might say I think so and so are wrong because of so and so and so. But you will flame, post pics, use profanity and offer no legitimate argument. So welcome to the boards I am sure after the Tour is over you will fade away.

· Registered
839 Posts
Enjoy racing no matter who is riding....

CabDoctor said:
Not only that but it's also good practice so when the teams hit the TTT in the grand tours their "water bottle carriers" dont get dropped.
Well, the Giro is over, the TdF has no TTT, and the Vuelta is not until the end of August / beginning of September (and the only TTT there is a whopping 4.47 miles!), so I'm not sure how much good some "practice" in June is going to do for these guys.

It's best just to enjoy racing for racing's sake. :thumbsup:

· Registered
9,274 Posts
Still young

It's not at a great time, but if we see the TTT back in the TdF next year we'll likely see more big names in there.

Either way it's only in it's second year, if I'm not mistaken. It'll get bigger and more important. I'd like to see a (few) one day ITT on the schedule.

· Administrator
13,152 Posts
The timing isn't great for Tour teams (too close) and Giro teams (too far). Also seeing as only 2-3 teams have a remote chance of winning, it seems way too many Protour teams treated this as a UCI mandated group training ride. Can't blame them- it's a dumb event once it is taken out of a multi-stage tour context.

IMHO- it is a waste of a precious full Protour event slot- they should give it too a more deserving race.

:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.