Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once hooked on the pink Chris King, the only way to go is - forward.

Couple of shots of my newly pinkified Vamoots. Changes since last time - saddle, bar tape and a new set of wheels by our pal Mike Garcia. DT240, AC, Revos, Nimble Spider. 1365 grams.

Oh yes, and a fresh delivery of hay!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Enough pink

Foppa said:
Umm, I'm not feeling it.
Terry - I love all your bikes (they show thoughtful layout, beautiful details), but IMHO there's enough Pink on that Moots. Don't go for pink Moots decals, unless you're coordinating a photo shoot with this year's Giro winner.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think it looks awesome! I've thought about the metallic blue fizik tape to match my navy King, but I'm hooked on Deda too much I think. I see you've got GP4000's on those new wheels, got many miles on them yet? I'm torn between replacing my ProRaces with Pro2Races or GP4000's. I like trying new things, but my Michelins have been very good to me. Got any thoughts?

To reiterate: I TOTALLY dig the pink. Wow, I've got to convince my GF to let me put that on her bike....OR get a new bike for me and put it on it!!!! :D

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,693 Posts
terry b said:
Nah, can't do that because it would paint me into a pink corner in perpetuity. I think it's pink enough right now.
Otherwise IIRC, Velocity at least used tosellpink rims...

BTW-I dig the color...sides a Moots of any color would be fun to ride-yes?;)

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have about 300 miles on the GP4000s and I have to say I like them quite a bit. But then I'm a long-time GP3000 and Attack/Force fan. I like the way they ride and they're pretty flat resistant which is pretty important here in Goathead World.

While I really like Michelins, they have not held up real well for me on these roads. If they did, I'd use them too.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The best thing about wrong (when it comes to style) is the wronger it gets, the righter it becomes.

The tape is being sold as a package with the saddle. Mine came from that bastion of retail promiscuity - eBay!

·
Registered
38 Posts
terry b said:
I have about 300 miles on the GP4000s and I have to say I like them quite a bit.

While I really like Michelins, they have not held up real well for me on these roads. If they did, I'd use them too.
Terry... very clever title! Was it a tribute to Herr Mozart's birthday?

BTW, where are the pink CK hubs? Excel in Boulder is running a special on some pre-built wheels with the pink hubs.

For the last 16yrs, I've never riden anything but Conti tires, foldable or sew-ups.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Too much pink...

orange_julius said:
That's just the Right Amount of Pink. That is an awesome build!
Here's my road machine. This is a perfect example of too much pink, although I supposed I COULD get pinker with tires/tape/etc. I get a lot of "informed" comments from the people in my world (law enforcement and the military). It's worth the ridicule I receive, though. I love it. In a world of reds and blues and blacks, it's nice to stand out a little.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Shoulda built it up with....

terry b said:
Once hooked on the pink Chris King, the only way to go is - forward.

Couple of shots of my newly pinkified Vamoots. Changes since last time - saddle, bar tape and a new set of wheels by our pal Mike Garcia. DT240, AC, Revos, Nimble Spider. 1365 grams.

Oh yes, and a fresh delivery of hay!
the pink King hubs.......as long as you were doing it. How about having the fork painted pink to clear fade.

Looks good. It's not for me, but it looks good.

Len

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally, someone got the title - yes, it was a tribute to our friend WAM.

I thought a lot about the wheels, but since the bike is Campy, I'd have to screw around with the drivetrain (CK being Shimano only) and honestly, function comes before form in my book when it comes to shifting.

On the other hand, I could look at it as an engineering challenge and an opportunity to mess with a Jtek shiftmate. We'll see.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts