Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
looking for a ride?

My Dad lives out by Columbus, NM. He's seen cyclists on Road 9 which brings you from Columbus to El Paso. The distance has got to be at least hundred miles. If you're looking for the road less traveled, that would be one. You'll get RV's, Border Patrol and some vehicles, but 18 wheelers tend to stick to I-10 through Deming. But, I would definately not travel it alone. Can't tell you about area stores, but it looks like someone does something out there from the spray painted markers.

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Hey, welcome back.
You can go to... www.elpasobicycleclub.com Right now we have rides on the weekends, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Just click on Ride List and you will see all the starting points, times and contacts for ride leaders. There are also group rides out of Crazy Cat Cyclery, on Redd Road. Ricardo has advanced, very fast long rides out of Revolution Cyclery. Call them to find out times and destinations. Most rides are in West El Paso, stretching all the way through the beautiful Mesilla valley. Good climbs in Anthony gap, Transmountain Road and Scenic Drive. We also have a Ciclovia, where Scenic Drive is closed off every Sunday morning to cars and opened to joggers, cyclists, and walkers only.I'm on vacation right now so Send me a private message through this website if you want to ride any other days.

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Very friendly and good conversation too. If you have experience then it doesn't matter. Lots of people come to the bike club and learn a lot too, I know that I have. It is probably the best place to go if you don't want to make anyone "mad".

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Hooben said:
Hey, welcome back.
You can go to... www.elpasobicycleclub.com Right now we have rides on the weekends, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Just click on Ride List and you will see all the starting points, times and contacts for ride leaders. There are also group rides out of Crazy Cat Cyclery, on Redd Road. Ricardo has advanced, very fast long rides out of Revolution Cyclery. Call them to find out times and destinations. Most rides are in West El Paso, stretching all the way through the beautiful Mesilla valley. Good climbs in Anthony gap, Transmountain Road and Scenic Drive. We also have a Ciclovia, where Scenic Drive is closed off every Sunday morning to cars and opened to joggers, cyclists, and walkers only.I'm on vacation right now so Send me a private message through this website if you want to ride any other days.
I used to enjoy climbing Transmountain when I was a kid living in El Paso. One thing I really miss about the soutwest are the incredible vistas. Nothing beats being able to see for miles, and miles. Trees get in the way here in VA.

the other thing I miss about El Paso is CHICOS TACOS.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
millerinva said:
I used to enjoy climbing Transmountain when I was a kid living in El Paso. One thing I really miss about the soutwest are the incredible vistas. Nothing beats being able to see for miles, and miles. Trees get in the way here in VA.

the other thing I miss about El Paso is CHICOS TACOS.
Yeah..this place is nothing at all like the east coast ( i lived in NC for 14 years then moved out here. And yes Chico's, possibly the cheapest place to ever eat.

· Registered
2,651 Posts
The El Paso Bike Club ride on Sunday, August 10th will be from Crazy Cat Cyclery.Redd Road ..7:30AM... It's a beginners ride...
for a slow to moderate paced 20-25 mile ride on the rollers (I10 frontage road) to Dos Lagos Golf Course in Anthony for cookies and a break before returning.

The Cyclovia will close off Scenic Drive to traffic for cyclists, but the bike club will not be riding there tomorrow.

Trekrider321. check your private messages, click on the words "my account" at this website, then click on List messages.

Take Care,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.