Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
keang24 said:
Has anybody experience any elbow pain during the long ride (>2hrs). No pain during the ride, only when stretching out my elbow straight. After couple days it will get better. Is that common?
Count yourself lucky I get elbow pain after 20 min. Then again I would be sore all over if I sat on a bike for 2 hours:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ericm979 said:
Make sure you ride with your elbows bent slightly. If you already do, then you need to strengthen your arm muscles. Shifting your hands to different positions on the bars can also help aleviate fatigue.
I feel no pain during the ride with the arms bending. What muscle part I need to focus on? I guess it's a forearm because it seems to be my weakest link on my upper body. Any thought beside strengthen my arm?? Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
keang24 said:
I feel no pain during the ride with the arms bending. What muscle part I need to focus on? I guess it's a forearm because it seems to be my weakest link on my upper body. Any thought beside strengthen my arm?? Thank you for your response.
I do bicep curls in both directions. That and riding a lot seem to do enough for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.