Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Pioneer HTV-2 home theater speaker system that consist of a 200w powered subwoofer and the speaker/control module. By itself it sounds alright but when I play the same source through my Harmon Kardon integrated amp and Pinnacle AC-850 speakers it reveals that the HTV-2 is actually pretty muddy in the upper end. But the flip side is that the HK/Pinnacle set up is lacking in the bottom end hit that the 200w sub has.

The way that the HTV-2 works is that control module sits on top (or under) the TV. It contains two speakers for the upper/mid range and the IR receiver to receive the signals from the remote. The source signals go into a pair of RCA jacks on control module then there is a "control" cable that goes to the powered sub and it relays the signals back and forth from the control module to the sub that contains all the electronics and amps to run the sub as well as the speakers in the control module.

Here's what I am finally driving at. The control cable has an eight pin DIN plug on either end and there are no RCA jacks on Sub. I'm wondering how hard it would be for me to open up the Sub and install a set of RCA jacks upstream from the amp to input a line level signal thus having a nice 200w powered sub to run with my Pinnacles?

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
would you happen to know if there's more information being sent through the 8 pin connector than just line level imputs?

if it is just line level, then converting it to RCA should be cake.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Turn the LPF to a lower frequency to clear up the muddiness. Position can help as well. Closer to a corner makes it get louder due to bass coupling, but too close and it'll be boomy and muddy.
As for wiring, you got me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts