Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
My first instinct is to say an eliptical trainer, because it would mimic the action of cycling more than a treadmill. But cheap eliptical trainers are worse than cheap treadmills. I own a small gym. We have Precor 546's. They are the best eliptical trainers by far, but they are quite expensive. I've looked at many cheaper models including Precors home models. They are all large step down from the 546. cheap treadmill will not hold up to as many miles as a commercial model, but it will function fairly well. I would recommend the Precor 546 if you've got the cash or as much treadmill as you can afford.

·
I am pedlfoot
205 Posts
I agree unless...

bsdc said:
My first instinct is to say an eliptical trainer, because it would mimic the action of cycling more than a treadmill. But cheap eliptical trainers are worse than cheap treadmills. I own a small gym. We have Precor 546's. They are the best eliptical trainers by far, but they are quite expensive. I've looked at many cheaper models including Precors home models. They are all large step down from the 546. cheap treadmill will not hold up to as many miles as a commercial model, but it will function fairly well. I would recommend the Precor 546 if you've got the cash or as much treadmill as you can afford.
...You are going to a fitness center.Then use the elliptical trainer.You can get just as good of a cardio workout without the stress and impact of the treadmill.I love the elliptical trainers at my gym.

·
Registered
12 Posts
TREKY said:
...You are going to a fitness center.Then use the elliptical trainer.You can get just as good of a cardio workout without the stress and impact of the treadmill.I love the elliptical trainers at my gym.
Ilike the ellipetical trainer but go with on that has handles that allow you to move your arms.Otherwise you use hand rails to support your weight and get a ***** workout.I have a life fitness 8500 which is super smooth and gets your heart rate any where you want to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.