Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got up at 7:30 this morning, my day off, to watch the tour live and what happens, the feed goes out!
I've had enough of versus garbage coverage and emailed them my thoughts including my thoughts on the joke aka craig hummer! If you are not happy with their coverage, do something and tell them!!! I'm reading the coverage on cyclingnews instead!

[email protected]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Personally, I love the coverage and I watch every minute (courtesy of my DVR) of every day. My only wish is that they provided a ton more on the technical details of the bikes - what components are being used, bike weights, tire pressures, tubeless tires?, more cadence data, power information, gear info, etc.

I sent this request on to the Versus email address and I hope others make similar requests as well.

Thanks!

bikerneil

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jupiterrn said:
Grrrreeeaaaattttt if there is no coverage next year, I'll know who to blame.:D
haha....blame me for having high expectations!! Maybe we should all settle for less, that seems to be the great american way now days! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Patti said:
I don't have cable anymore,so I can't comment on Versus this year. But if you want to watch live streaming of some other coverage like Eurosport, you can do that via cyclingfans.com. That's what I do.

Patti
Thanks Patti! thats a great site!! :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think Versus has been doing a great job. I watch both the Phil & Paul and the Bob and Craig coverage.

My wife likes the Bob and Craig coverage.

Craig has been doing a great job for a non-cycling guy. It seems like he really did his homework. He knows the teams and the riders. I also like his joking with Phil and Paul during the pre-race show.

I say.. Great job Versus!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
VS coverage is the poorest Ive ever seen in any sport. Absolutely the bare minimum and decades old technical problems (phil paul and bob are good though). I have no idea what people are watching if they consider that "good". But, yes i am thankful for what we do get. Definitely competing emotions for me. The kentucky derby is about 2 minutes long, and before its done you know everything about every horse, trainer, etc.. After Hockey came back there was a clear edict that they had to be more open and forthcoming in interviews, like coaches and players giving interwiews DURING TV time-outs without looking annoyed. Thats what cycling needs to do, more inside stuff like what people mentioned above. They cant afford to hide in team busses anymore. Getting in the team cars (although tecnically a failure) was a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Cheers... Thank You Versus. Sorry Cry Babies,Just think of no coverage

funktekk said:
I think Versus has been doing a great job. I watch both the Phil & Paul and the Bob and Craig coverage.

My wife likes the Bob and Craig coverage.

Craig has been doing a great job for a non-cycling guy. It seems like he really did his homework. He knows the teams and the riders. I also like his joking with Phil and Paul during the pre-race show.

I say.. Great job Versus!
Cheers... Thank You Versus. Sorry Cry Babies,Just think of no coverage

·
Registered
838 Posts
everyone should be emailing VS. thanking them for the coverage. We're lucky to have it and Phil and Paul are great. They get their feed from French TV, it's not their fault if it goes out.

I have restrained myself from opining on the OP and any possible character flaws.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
litespeedchick said:
everyone should be emailing VS. thanking them for the coverage. We're lucky to have it and Phil and Paul are great. They get their feed from French TV, it's not their fault if it goes out.

I have restrained myself from opining on the OP and any possible character flaws.
Ya, we should all settle for mediocrity!!! :thumbsup:

·
TWD
603 Posts
Just emailed my thanks for the great coverage. Keep in mind they can only show the french race video and their commentary has been quite good this year. I even enjoy the versus fantasy team contest. So what is the real complaint? You are getting every minute of live video feed available and Paul and Phil. Use a DVR and you even get to loose the commercials.
sheesh, everyone's a critic

·
iedereen op de fiets
675 Posts
Why don't you

_velodoc_ said:
Well, I got up at 7:30 this morning, my day off, to watch the tour live and what happens, the feed goes out!
I've had enough of versus garbage coverage and emailed them my thoughts including my thoughts on the joke aka craig hummer! If you are not happy with their coverage, do something and tell them!!! I'm reading the coverage on cyclingnews instead!

[email protected]
Give the coverage on the ESPN family of networks a look see.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
"Ya, we should all settle for mediocrity"
Exactly. First of all, just cause you are thankful for something doesnt mean you accept anything they give you! If your electricity went out everyday for 3 hours would you "just be thankful" you have electricity, or would lament it not being better? Im glad VS brings us coverage, but I think its ok to expect better. Also, the "feed" isn always the issue, VS themselves do interviews after the race and do stuff at the "mobile studio", all of which is under their control, not to mention the sound. They can improve a lot, despite the fact that we are "thankful" that they bring it to us at all.

·
On the wrong floor again
1,138 Posts
Of course it could be more in depth, but think of what it is costing them. The advertising dollars aren't there. At least now, they, not meaning VS has a fixed wing airplane to get the feed from the bikes and not just helicopters. I wish they got a little more in depth, and I think coverage will get better of the next couple years. I wish Craig wasn't there, but I don't watch night coverage anyways.

Tim

·
Registered
137 Posts
I could do without Phil and Paul. THose 2 british chaps are hard to understand and they don';t seem to know alot about whats going on. Bob Roll is my favorite and I wish he did all the play by play and maybe get a guy like Bob Costas to help out.

·
Michigoose
821 Posts
Cycling is not a first-tier American sport. Get the hell over it, or start following baseball more. I see about 16 of these threads every year during the tour, and every time it's the same crybaby complaint about the feed going out. I've watched the Vuelta on Spanish Television in Madrid, and the feeds occasionally went out there too...it happens. I'm also guessing you know about as much about cycling as Craig Hummer does...maybe you should apply for his job, or stop relying on television announcers to explain a bike race to you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.