Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Svend, Mac users, et al ...
I don't seem to be getting the cool message composed goodies that 2Hotty has (as shown in pic on his "Firefox is pissing me auf" thread) Is this a Mac thing (ain't got it on FF or Safari)? Is it user ignorance? Do you guys have 'em?? Is it just that Scotty has upgraded his browser to the ballz? Let me know. I want emoticons!

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,697 Posts
jptaylorsg said:
Hey Svend, Mac users, et al ...
I don't seem to be getting the cool message composed goodies that 2Hotty has (as shown in pic on his "Firefox is pissing me auf" thread) Is this a Mac thing (ain't got it on FF or Safari)? Is it user ignorance? Do you guys have 'em?? Is it just that Scotty has upgraded his browser to the ballz? Let me know. I want emoticons!
I still only see the reg old smileys-OSX & FF...I'll go try Safari...

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,697 Posts
Room 1201 said:
I still only see the reg old smileys-OSX & FF...I'll go try Safari...
testing safari...:mad: :p ;) :) :eek: :D :( :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

Yep, I see the old one's in FF, but the new one's in Safari-go fig

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Room 1201 said:
testing safari...:mad: :p ;) :) :eek: :D :( :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

Yep, I see the old one's in FF, but the new one's in Safari-go fig
Can you do a grab of your screen with the "reply to thread" window open and post it? Was there something I shoulda done but missed the "how to use new software" thread? I only got the old-style emoticons that attach to the name of the thread. In fact, nothing's changed in the "reply to thread" window for me.
Am I still waiting to get trickled on like Goddess Paint proclaims?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,697 Posts
jptaylorsg said:
Can you do a grab of your screen with the "reply to thread" window open and post it? Was there something I shoulda done but missed the "how to use new software" thread? I only got the old-style emoticons that attach to the name of the thread. In fact, nothing's changed in the "reply to thread" window for me.

Why not?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,697 Posts
jptaylorsg said:
Well, I just got the new emoticons to trickle into FF:eek:

still waiting for the post icons though

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Room 1201 said:
Damn it! I got none of those Coolio goodies on the right side of the bar! I cry foul! Did you do anything when the upgrade hit, or did it just start working automatically?

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Clear your cache. If you still see the old smileys and icons it means the images are stored in your cache and your browser is loading them to speed up the intRweb. It's kind of like your colon - eventually everything will come on by itself, but you can get a colonic if you're in a rush to get things cleared out.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,697 Posts
jptaylorsg said:
Damn it! I got none of those Coolio goodies on the right side of the bar! I cry foul! Did you do anything when the upgrade hit, or did it just start working automatically?
Nope, they came into FF after I switched apps-I think, normally I don't use Safari so it could be one of those things.

still nopost icons [grrr], maybe I'll be as hip as Scotty by the end of the day though;)

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,697 Posts
paint said:
Clear your cache. If you still see the old smileys and icons it means the images are stored in your cache and your browser is loading them to speed up the intRweb. It's kind of like your colon - eventually everything will come on by itself, but you can get a colonic if you're in a rush to get things cleared out.
Nice metaphor there paint-as they say "$hit happns, and if it doesn't you've got **problems**"

very true though:eek:

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
paint said:

Nope. Didn't work. My "reply to" window looks the same as it ever has. I'm about to go Vonteity on someone's ass if this crap don't start working real quick-like!

Ha! You said colon.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
On the other hand, if clearing your cache didn't work, it may be your ISP. After server maintenance it takes time for the changes to go into effect. The amount of time this takes varies by providers.

And yes, I said colon. You boys have a strange fascination with poop and butts, so I thought I'd get down on your level to make you understand.

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
paint said:
On the other hand, if clearing your cache didn't work, it may be your ISP. After server maintenance it takes time for the changes to go into effect. The amount of time this takes varies by providers.

And yes, I said colon. You boys have a strange fascination with poop and butts, so I thought I'd get down on your level to make you understand.

Hah! Poop. You're killin' me! I guess my ISP ain't tricklin' yet. I got my rain coat ready. I hope there's no cameras around, I'd hate for a pic of me gettin' trickled on to show up on the internets and all. NTTAWWT

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
not quite the visual i would make,

paint said:

but then:

the Godess paint is never wrong

and like that

100x

Bonky
...supplicant for a day......

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
bonkmiester said:

but then:

and like that

100x

Bonky
...supplicant for a day......
quit supplecanting her, you will just give her a big head.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
There are other male posters who could use a *ahem* bigger head, I'm sure.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
thank you ........

paint said:
There are other male posters who could use a *ahem* bigger head, I'm sure.
... i wasn't going to touch that line ...

don't you just love it when they open the door REAL WIDE ?

Bonk

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
paint said:

All right, this is starting to feel like an epidemic. I got the same sh!t happening @ work. What are the odds that both my work and home ISPs are bass-ackwards, while all you other fools got the golden ticket. Gronk SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts