Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Long time rider/first time poster. I scored a Stan's ZTR Crest 29er wheelset from a buddy and am trying to fit them on my gravel bike - all I need is a 12mm thru-axle insert for the front. Zero markings on the hubs - blanker than blank. Stan's confirmed to me it's not their hub. So, bummer.

BUT, they're mine now and I hope to make them work. The OD for the insert needs to be 17mm (vs the 15 for the Neo insert). Insert depth for the end cap is 15mm with a small shoulder at 12.5mm. Images attached. Pics below show the hubs and a Stan's neo insert vs the QR insert from the hub (along with scrawled diag of measurements).

Any ideas? Greatly greatly greatly appreciated! 馃馃馃
Bicycle Wheel Bicycle hub Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim
Font Auto part Gas Handwriting Household hardware

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Howdy. Long time rider/first time poster. I scored a Stan's ZTR Crest 29er wheelset from a buddy and am trying to fit them on my gravel bike - all I need is a 12mm thru-axle insert for the front. Zero markings on the hubs - blanker than blank. Stan's confirmed to me it's not their hub. So, bummer.

BUT, they're mine now and I hope to make them work. The OD for the insert needs to be 17mm (vs the 15 for the Neo insert). Insert depth for the end cap is 15mm with a small shoulder at 12.5mm. Images attached. Pics below show the hubs and a Stan's neo insert vs the QR insert from the hub (along with scrawled diag of measurements).

Any ideas? Greatly greatly greatly appreciated! 馃馃馃 View attachment 481649 View attachment 481650

Hi All, I got this sorted: in orig post I didnt mention that the wheelset came with 15mmx100mm inserts (for mtb front wheel configs) as well as the skewer inserts. Solution was a 12x100 insert (basically a 100mm tube with 12mm ID and 15mm OD). Everything works perfectly now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts