Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...my dead brother's "beloved" bikes. His wife says he loved them more than any other posession.

Didn't really care for my brother, maybe I will like his bikes better. Since we were almost exactly the same size I am assuming that they will fit me too. So I guess I will give this riding thing a try.

He gave me 4 bikes but I can't see me getting the hang of one of them. I know that he was on these things all the time but I swears that he kept them so clean they look like they have never been used. Even the chains are still shiny with none of the black grease I used to see on mine.

Anyways he left me a Colnago Master X-Light with a funky paint job and Campagnolo Nuovo Record parts, but this one has the tires attached right to the wheel so I don't know what I would do if I got a flat. Next was this Time VXRS with Shimano Dura Ace and some really light wheels, since they say Lightweight all over them, they must be light. Luckily these use an inner tube so I will try this one first. Also left to me was this Pinarello Dogma that is really cool because the Dura Ace runs on batteries but the wheels must be heavier because they say Edge instead of lightweight.

The other bike has the coolest name it's a BMC Time Machine but it doesn't have normal handlebars, just somewhere to rest your arms. More Dura Ace parts and the rear wheel doesn't have spokes, Can't see me ever using this sucker just looks way too uncomfortable.

I guess I will have to give the middle two a try to see what all his bike riding nonsense was all about.

Kinda wish he liked pick up trucks instead of bikes.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Sorry to hear about the passing of your brother.

He left you some great bikes, how tall are you? I'd be glad to take any of the bikes off your hands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tommy Walker said:
Sorry to hear about the passing of your brother.

He left you some great bikes, how tall are you? I'd be glad to take any of the bikes off your hands.
I'm 5' 9".

His riding buddies keep calling to pass their sentiments but strangely enough it seems like the conversation always get around to "What are you planning to do with his bikes?".

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brother. His spirit is probably tied to those bikes. Being as you did not "really" like him that could cause you to crash. Send the bikes to me right away. I will perform an exorcism and return two of the bikes to you. Keeping two for my fee.

·
Administrator
12,951 Posts
Ahem.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
inherited rider said:
I'm 5' 9".

His riding buddies keep calling to pass their sentiments but strangely enough it seems like the conversation always get around to "What are you planning to do with his bikes?".
The bikes are worth a lot of money; you can actually sell them and buy the truck you want. The Pinerello Dogma is in the neighborhood of $16K.

I can understand his riding buddies asking about the bikes. Since you said you didn't like your brother, I'm assuming it was a known fact and that's why they are calliing. It does take the pressure off his wife. You should try to sell them on e-bay or Craig's List if you are not interested in riding. If you think you may want to ride, just jump into the sport, you will really appreciate what you have in a few years and perhaps you may appreciate your dearly departed brother.

God Speed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can you post some pics would love to see them???

Twiggy

·
Custom User Title
359 Posts
My Own Private Idaho said:
I'm calling troll on this one.
yup, has POE written all over it.
good one though.

hey guys, my dad just croaked, he was a bastid and he hated my guts, but he left me his bikes.
one of them has Eddy Merckx written all over it and the seat smells faintly of Belgium.
how the heck do you pronounce Merckx?

another one is a funny greenish color and it's called a Bianchi. i thought that was some kind of pasta dish.

have you guys heard of Mondonico and Torelli? got some of them too.
plus the doo-hickys that hang off of the bike say Campagnolo Record 11. Is that good?
:D

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Come on people, it could be legit. Coolhand will sort it out, I suspect he's already tracing IP's.

Anyway, "inherited" - assuming you are serious, as stated those are all VERY high-end bikes, each of them worth a lot of $. Take care of them, store them inside, and if you decide that road riding is not for you then either ebay or a trustworthy buddy from your brother's bike club can help you get full value for them.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Pics of the bikes, or his wife?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
onlineflyer said:
Pics of the bikes, or his wife?
The widow Pinerello or Inherited Rider's wife?

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Please don't be a troll...

Sorry to hear about your brother. You've inherited some very expensive bicycles that many of us would kill to have. Seriously.. they'd all fit me as well.

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
If legit, his brother had poor taste in bikes. Not one single Trek in his garage? I call b.s. :D

·
pedalpedalpedal
896 Posts
Pics of the bikes and you & your bro together, or it didn't happen.

Also, those bikes are all total crap, so I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands and recycle them somehow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts