Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased one a the 4 lb bottles of endurox and when i tried it out for the first time today the suggested serving seemed like it was way too much. I was just wondering if it would still have the same effect if added to a larger serving of water, and do you guys actually go by the suggested 2 scoops for a serving or do you use less.
thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I think someone posted this exact question earlier this week, if you look down the board....For the record I use one scoop per 12oz's of water for the vanilla flavour...That seems to work for me...Anymore and it's super sweet, any less and it's watery...BTW I'm only 145lbs so the less then full serving also makes sense since I'm a lightweight...

Rich

·
Registered
21,526 Posts
Balance

Ratio the water and powder to get the "right" balance of calories and hydration. In very hot/humid weather, you're going to need more water relative to the calories, and in cold weather (if it's not too dry) you'll need less. Your calories per mile/hour requirements are the same, so mix it richer or thinner depending on your hydration/hour needs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, i was lazy yesterday and didnt feel like doing a search but now i found the threads on it.

·
Registered
21,526 Posts
Backwards?

srf said:
I didn't even think of dilluting it in cold weather... will have to do that, plus it's cheaper. ;)
No, you would want it more concentrated in the cold, more dilute in the heat, so that you get the same amount of calories whether you're drinking less (cold weather) or more (hot weather).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts