Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So please shed some light, I used the Eno hub last year to build a SS CX bike but got a little tired of always having to adjust my brake and sometimes was only able to run 50% of it. I would like a little help/comparison on whether or not the Exzentricker or this new to come Forward Components ECC BB would be better. Mainly I switch between a 42/17 and a 39/17 and am thinking about even getting an 18 for some of the really hilly stuff here in norcal. Thanks

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
If you only ride SS (i.e. never fixed) and change gears often, why not just go with a tensioner? You can get a straight axle conversion kit for your ENO hub. I have been racing CX with tensioners for years, and they have been less hassle and more reliable for me than my ENO Ecc. wheels.

I like the Soulcraft Convert in particular, because of the QR function.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
PeanutButterBreath said:
You can get a straight axle conversion kit for your ENO hub.
Who sells this kit?
I wanted to convert mine to a straight axle a couple of years ago and WI told me that was not possible. But that was 2 years ago.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
PeanutButterBreath said:
That's odd. I've bought kits direct from WI twice since 2005. There is very little too it, just a replacement axle and thread-in axle ends. Might be worth another call.
Thanks, I'll email them again and see..

·
hello
3,394 Posts
FTM said:
Did you want to convert to 120mm? If yes, they don't have a conversion. If 130 or 135mm, no problem.
It's 135 now and I want to convert it to a straight axle 135. Thanks, the axle kit is available then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts