Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just renewed my racing licence and I am going racing once again this November.

For the last 2 years, I have been coaching my son's soccer team and didn't have the time for racing at all. I had a talk with my wife a few days ago, and I decided to quit coaching after this season. I am also sick and tried of the poltics within the club and how some parents think ther kids are the next David Beckham.

I also realised that I love racing my Cross Bikes in the foul weather.

·
vegan cyclocross disco
428 Posts
screw it!

Roger Hammond would kick David Beckham's ass.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Bring your kid to the Cross races and get him hooked on the two best sports: Footy and Cycling.

Oh, and Victoria Beckham could probably kicks David's ass.

·
Registered
635 Posts
giovanni sartori said:
Bring your kid to the Cross races and get him hooked on the two best sports: Footy and Cycling.
I agree. I got my 12y/o daughter hooked on cross this past season & she was the one motivating me for the last few races of the season. Now all she talks about is "next year this, next year that". :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
The snowy race YEa

DPCX said:
I agree. I got my 12y/o daughter hooked on cross this past season & she was the one motivating me for the last few races of the season. Now all she talks about is "next year this, next year that". :)
I raced that race too, I think I was 3rd in the ss class. I liked the long sight lines, but passing out of the race line and in the snow was pretty tough.

·
Registered
635 Posts
single1x1 said:
I raced that race too, I think I was 3rd in the ss class. I liked the long sight lines, but passing out of the race line and in the snow was pretty tough.
Actually, riding the snow in the later races wasnt that bad. Maybe on your crazy set up (fixed) ;). If you rode it like sand (hit it with speed & ride light on the bars) you could float through it pretty good. Of course mainly just for passing people. After riding behind my daughter on her first lap I told her to try this when she got behind slow traffic & it worked great. She was passing boys left & right & finally beat the girl that had won almost every race of the series. That was her goal for the year to beat her & she did it in the last, most epic race of the year. She was pretty excited & I was one proud papa. Her biggest fan (ann knapp) was at the finish along with mom & some hot cider. Good day. Only eight more months to go!! :)

DP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts