Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get back into the sport at 40. Need some help in deciding on a decent roadie. Looking at Fuji Roubaix 1.3, Giant TCR SL 2 and Kestrel RT-1000. Any help/suggestions would be nice as to what my options are. Looking at some decent up front components so that I will not be needing to upgrade a whole lot immediately.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Trying to get back into the sport at 40. Need some help in deciding on a decent roadie. Looking at Fuji Roubaix 1.3, Giant TCR SL 2 and Kestrel RT-1000. Any help/suggestions would be nice as to what my options are. Looking at some decent up front components so that I will not be needing to upgrade a whole lot immediately.
What's your budget?....Will you be looking to race and prefer a more aggressive styled road bike(A)?....OR...Would you prefer a more relaxed styled road bike that would be an easier and more comfortable ride for longer distances(B)? Got any preferred frame material in mind?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would like to keep it below 2k. (A)Looking for a comfortable ride. Avg. distance of 30-40 and some half-century rides on the weekends. (B)A mix of alum and carbon is fine. Full carbon would be nice but pushing it with my budget constraints.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Would like to keep it below 2k. (A)Looking for a comfortable ride. Avg. distance of 30-40 and some half-century rides on the weekends. (B)A mix of alum and carbon is fine. Full carbon would be nice but pushing it with my budget constraints.
I'd recommend the Giant Defy 2, the Giant Defy Composite 3, the Raleigh Revenio 3, the Jamis Ventura Race, the Jamis Endura Sport, or the Trek Domane 2.0. The GT Corsa 1.0, if you'd like to have a nice chromoly steel bike that will last for the next 20 years, or so...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'd recommend the Giant Defy 2, the Giant Defy Composite 3, the Raleigh Revenio 3, the Jamis Ventura Race, the Jamis Endura Sport, or the Trek Domane 2.0. The GT Corsa 1.0, if you'd like to have a nice chromoly steel bike that will last for the next 20 years, or so...
The Raleigh Revenio 4 is currently on sale at REI...The Raleigh Revenio Carbon 2 is on a closeout sale at REI's Outlet, their online store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.