Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

According to the CPSC, the Vietnamese-made forks have the potential of breaking above the disc brake mount on the left fork leg.
Time to shatter the illusion that many have that they make everything in the US.

Funny, I was just thinking about this today as there was a bike in yesterday with a broken disc fork, an Orbea. I was thinking: "These consumers want disc brakes on a road bike, fine, we can do that. We'll just mount the MTB brakes on there no problem, there you go consumers. Now gimme the money." Feel bad for you beta testers out there on these "disc road bikes."

ENVE Recalls Road 2.0 Disc 1.25" Tapered Forks due to breaking hazard - Bikerumor

Enve issues recall on carbon road disc forks - VeloNews.com

ENVE recalls carbon road disc forks - BikeRadar

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
That's what you get for trying to go weightweenie with disc.

Niners has been making their carbon frames and forks in Vietnam since at least 2012 and they have some of the strongest frames and forks on the market because they don't go weightweenie!

BTW, their 2.0 fork was never made in the US.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yeah, but that modulation... totally worth a face-plant at high speed! :D

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
OMG

No carbon road bike part has ever broken or been recalled.

We all need to go back to steel lugged bikes for our own safety

Oh, and tell you kid to stop riding his bike on my lawn

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I have the CX version of this fork. I can't find any recall for it, but this does make me nervous. The recall said 5 forks had cracked, but that no one had been injured. Does anyone know the extent of the cracks, what to look for so you catch it early, etc?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I'm more than a little disappointed. I thought Enve was all US made. I remember hearing one the founders of the company bragging about this on a video interview somewhere.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I thought they had to put a label on the product somewhere that says "Made in X", where X != Meruca

·
Banned
3,297 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I'm the most boringly clean-living guy within county limits. But my eyes and brain are probably failing anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts