Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vintage bike and rider
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up to start commuting, and I need advice on a briefcase pannier. I carry a laptop with bits and pieces back and forth, with files and paperwork. I can lighten this somewhat, but not completely. I'll also use a waterproof cargo pannier for clothing transport. I have a 22 mile one-way trip, so I can't see using a day pack or messenge bag to tote gear. I'll probably do this 2 days a week to start.

On the web I've seen the Arkel, Inertia Designs, Breezer, JanDD, and Ortlieb briefcase panniers. I just saw an Ortlieb in a store, and not pleased with the "big empty box" design.

Anyone who can fill me in on any of the other options, and suggest some others I haven't found yet?

Many thanks in advance,

Ken Freeman

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I have a Nashbar.

It is pretty slim and works very well. I would advise some kind of waterproof bag inside the pannier to keep your lap-top dry. I have yet to experience a 100% waterproof pannier. For this reason I usually carry a messenger bag on days that threaten rain. My North Face bag is big and ugly, but really keeps water away from my stuff. Panniers are way more comfortable for me in hot weather, so I find it useful to have both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.