Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I setup my wife's new bicycle with Campagnolo Centaur 10sp. She loves the shifting compared to her Shimano equipped bikes. However, she's commented on the long reach of the Ergolevers. She has difficulty in the drops because she can barely reach the brake handles.

Does Campagnolo make a shorter reach brake levers?

Any suggestions to shorten the reach?

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,357 Posts
Squeegy200 said:
I setup my wife's new bicycle with Campagnolo Centaur 10sp. She loves the shifting compared to her Shimano equipped bikes. However, she's commented on the long reach of the Ergolevers. She has difficulty in the drops because she can barely reach the brake handles.

Does Campagnolo make a shorter reach brake levers?

Any suggestions to shorten the reach?
Take a lookee here-

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=30742&highlight=lever+reach

HTH

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TurboTurtle said:
Since that thread they have also started making bars that do bring the shifters closer. A 3T Eva will bring the levers in by about 7mm. - TF

I looked into this angle and tried an ITM and then a Salsa handlebar in a 38cm width. The closest I could make the handreach in the drops was 9cm. I then purchased a Specialized women's specific handlebar. It allowed me to shorten the reach in the drops down to 7.5cm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.