Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've got a 2007 Centaur/Record equipped (record FD hehe) Bianchi...and I was just wondering, if I wanted to upgrade to maximize shifting "performance" I was thinking that getting Chorus/Record shifters would get me the oh so helpful escape mech on both up and down shifts, multiple cogs in both directions on one swoop.

Can I just replace my carbon Centaur shifters with some Chorus shifters and be good to go? Or do I need to replace the rear derailleur for the escape compatibility as well?

Thanks.

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
DM.Aelis said:
Hey, I've got a 2007 Centaur/Record equipped (record FD hehe) Bianchi...and I was just wondering, if I wanted to upgrade to maximize shifting "performance" I was thinking that getting Chorus/Record shifters would get me the oh so helpful escape mech on both up and down shifts, multiple cogs in both directions on one swoop.

Can I just replace my carbon Centaur shifters with some Chorus shifters and be good to go? Or do I need to replace the rear derailleur for the escape compatibility as well?

Thanks.
You only need the shifters. A common setup is to use Chorus shifters with Centaur for everything else. Record is a little lighter, but the price of saving weight goes up exponentially.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I assume 06 Centaur ergo's would do the same trick or if you want carbon Levers go for Centaur 09.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.