Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Bigheadbaje said:
Is there any that anyone can recommend?Has anyone ever used escrow.com and if so how was the experience?
Thanks
NEVER USE ESCROW SERVICES!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was easy enough.Well this now my predicament.I want to buy an item from this site but I do not live in the US,so I cannot activate a Paypal account.I have relatives in th eUS but they do not have paypal accounts either.So I need a way to protect both me and the seller.The only option I see now is some kind of COD to my relatives adrress.Ant suggestios at all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Escrow.com is legitimate

I've never used one, but www.Escrow.com is the only legitimate escrow service I know of.

Many others are scam sites, especially if you are pursuing a "too good to be true" deal and the seller themselves recommends the service. That's a popular scam where the escrow service itself is run by the scammers - you transfer your money to the service and never get your goods. But as I said, if you want to do escrow, www.escrow.com is legit and you won't lose your money.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bigheadbaje said:
That was easy enough.Well this now my predicament.I want to buy an item from this site but I do not live in the US,so I cannot activate a Paypal account.I have relatives in th eUS but they do not have paypal accounts either.So I need a way to protect both me and the seller.The only option I see now is some kind of COD to my relatives adrress.Ant suggestios at all.
Where are you that you can't sign-up for a Paypal account? In any case, you don't need a paypal account to send money to someone else's paypal account. Perhaps I'm missing something here? For what it's worth, non E-Bay transactions are not covered by Paypal's insurance, and even with E-bay transactions, the insurance is pretty weak.

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...de islans mon!!!!!

I'm in Barbados and it's one of the few countries NOT listed on their list.bummer!Hopefully www.escrow.com will work out for me as I really don't know any other way,and I'm hoping that just the fact that I mentione dthe word "escrow"in my last e-mail does not turn off the seller as this is usually the first sign of a scam,but since I'm the buyer what have they got to lose(unless they think that I'm the service and I never actually sent the money)me and my big mouth.Let's hope this guy has a lil faith cuz I'm really not trying to rip anyone off

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be SMASHING,but I'd be asking a stranger to help me in a transaction with another stranger.Nice idea,but highly unlikely.I like the way you think though,maybe they are some decent people left after all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guess I was right!!!!!!! : (

Since I've mentioned using an escrow service I have not another e-mail from the seller,I guess that realyy is a turn off.Well now you know........An honest guy is in need of a 58cm frameset (compact/regular geometry makes no difference)And to quote the great ABBA....."take a chance on me"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts