Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just picked up a pair of 2005 Eurus, which I want to use with my DA10. Rather than buying a shimano-compat freehub body I was thinking of just swapping out the STi's for a pair of Record ergolevers (I prefer campy levers). Will this work? i.e. can I use campy levers with shimano ders (f and r) and a campy cassette?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no jtek for this combination

Thanks C40. On the jtek website there is no mention of the combination I wish to use - campy shifter, shimano der, and campy cassette. Similarly, the hubbub way of connecting the cable isn't relevant. Shouldn't it work without any alteration, given that it's the shifter that's responsible for the appropriate indexing for a particular cassette, therefore campy shifter-campy cassette should work????? Pardon my ignorance......

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
No!

slasher said:
Thanks C40. On the jtek website there is no mention of the combination I wish to use - campy shifter, shimano der, and campy cassette. Similarly, the hubbub way of connecting the cable isn't relevant. Shouldn't it work without any alteration, given that it's the shifter that's responsible for the appropriate indexing for a particular cassette, therefore campy shifter-campy cassette should work????? Pardon my ignorance......
You're right that this oddball combo is not listed. It is not just the shfter that determines the RD movement, it's the MATCHED combination of the proper cable pull with the correct RD. You can certainly try this setup and lets us know how it works.

If you really want to try a campy drivetrain, do it right. Get a campy RD, shifters and cassette and enjoy the performance. A Centaur RD can be had pretty cheap.

http://www.11speed.com/catalogo/prodotti.asp?cat_id=13

Check out www.11speed.com for some low prices on all the parts you'll need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.