Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
518 Posts
The Opal is a sweet bike, carbon looks wise: better than the Orca, the Opal has this checkerboard look, nice thicker weaves, that's what makes it stiffer and more performance oriented.
With the Opal I have to lower the PSI on my tire to 110lbs (I'm 153lbs) and rockets forward like nothing I've seen.
Corsaire :)

· Registered
583 Posts
don't even say that man

Mosovich said:
those things look sweet. Maybe I should've waited till 07 to get my Opal.
haha, before i even read your post I was already fending off the delayed buyers remorse brought on by the pics.

The new paint job looks great. I'm not going to go as far as saying I wish I had waited... It'd be like your girl coming home all dolled up for you in a tight little mini skirt and you telling her you wish it had some frills on it.

· limit screwed
807 Posts
Corsaire said:
Opal has this checkerboard look, nice thicker weaves, that's what makes it stiffer and more performance oriented.
Not really; the outer carbon "weave" that you see on any bike is just a cosmetic layer. It does help to distinguish between models, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.