Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not Cadel but Shelley. She showed up on the Saturday ride here in Santa Cruz Ca today. I had just read about her in Velonews last night ( US Crit champ!) and after seeing a women in a Peanut Butter & Co jersey kicking butt I was able to figure out who it was. I wasn't able to keep up with her, nor could many others, but was able to say congrats when the ride was over. I couldn't believe the power she puts out for her size, about 5 foot zip!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
One of the fastest, if not THE fastest rider in our club is a woman. She's awesome.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Same with our club ride which includes a couple of cat3 racers and yet one of the best, perhaps even THE best, in our club is a 39 yr. old mother of 4. She does 25+ mph pulls for miles and climbs like a mountain goat. The longer the climb, the better. It used to bother me as my male ego was hurt, but now I usually am just in awe! She is becoming a legend around here!!

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
nayr497 said:
I always find it more fun to cycle behind a woman than a man;)
sure, for the perv factor, no doubt.

but for serious - small fast chicks are really hard to draft for a big guy like me... we have a few that race our local weeknight series and I've been off the front a few times... bad idea... I'll be pulling my guts out, swing off to take a draft... and there's no draft!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Ha ha ha...I'm not that big of a dude and LOVE sitting in behind some big huge dude. I can spend half of the group ride not pedaling if I get lucky and can sit in behind some hulk.

I do feel bad when the big guys are behind me, since when I'm in the drops I shrink down to about nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts