Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
There's also a TURIN group ride wednesday evenings you can hook up with. Head over to TURIN on Davis and they'll give you info

·
midnight melon mounter
6,625 Posts
It sucks until you reach Evanston. Then it gets ok. Then it's under construction through Wilmette (will be terrific next year), and then it becomes really good once you get north of the construction.

·
Lounge Lurker
244 Posts
Those is my old stomping grounds. Go Trevians!
I didn't ride much in those days, but have often thought about how nice it would be to ride on Sheridan Rd.

A-in-E that little detour off of Sheridan at Tower Rd, is that to avoid the dip down into the ravine? Chicagolanders complain about it being flat but then avoid the climbing that is possible in the area? Why do you hate Ferris Bueller? :)

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I live on the south-ish side and do a 10 mile loop covering 4 large bridges with several more smaller inclines from overpasses. Chicago is definitly flat, but its not hard to find the 'hills'. My ride finishes with a .25 mi incline, with a down hill to flats 1.5 mile cool down to my house.

I keep saying Im going to do a ride to evanston, but never seem to find the time and motivation together.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,625 Posts
Oatbran said:
Those is my old stomping grounds. Go Trevians!
I didn't ride much in those days, but have often thought about how nice it would be to ride on Sheridan Rd.

A-in-E that little detour off of Sheridan at Tower Rd, is that to avoid the dip down into the ravine? Chicagolanders complain about it being flat but then avoid the climbing that is possible in the area? Why do you hate Ferris Bueller? :)
You aren't allowed to bike through the ravine, and there's a cop who likes to camp out at the north side of the thing. It's a fine.

For hills, we do the beach access roads down the bluff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.