Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent of my Ksyrium Elite rear wheel a few weeks ago (through my LBS). Anyone know how long Mavic will usually take to respond? I doubt it will be warranty, but I want to get it fixed and get it back. We'll see, I guess,

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sent my k-elites

for warranty repair back in January. It took them about a month to do the repairs and send them back to me.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
104 Posts
A long time

Sent my Ksyrium SL rear wheel in a few years ago when the spokes constantly came loose. Did it through my LBS. Took Mavic about a month and a half to get it back and I think it would have been longer if my LBS didn't hound them a little to hurry up.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, just a couple of days after my post, my LBS called. Mavic sent me a new wheel and it only took about 4-5 weeks, total. I need to pay for the shipping to Mavic, but that's it. Can't complain.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Need 3rd Opinion in regards to MP3 warranty

Just got off the phone with my LBS regarding a bent spoke in my my rear SL. This was caused by justing riding along and getting a large tree branch jammed in the wheel ( I consider this an accident). According to my LBS a bent or broken spoke is considered normal wear and tear and is therefore not covered under the MP3 program. I can afford the $20 charge for the new spoke.. but isn't this why people get the MP3 protection in the first place? I suppose the $20 would be worth it if I need to send the wheel away for a month.

I read over the warranty http://www.mp3-mavic.com/mp3legal.asp and it explicity says the following "Accidents, unintentional shocks or crashes which occur while riding are NOT excluded from the MP3 warranty."

What do you guys think I should do?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts