Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks:

For a few months before we moved into our new place there was this cool old 3 speed Sears bike outside our place. It never had a front wheel and was in horrible shape. I had thought about busting the U-lock and fixing it up for myself until I noticed some serious issues with the frame:
  • one of the rear seat stays had popped it's weld
  • the rear wheel was cracked in a few spots
  • the internal shifter chain on the rear 3 speed hub was missing
Over the first few weeks at our place parts started disapearing from it, like the grips and then the handlebars alltogether!

I figured I'd put this baby out to pasture and toss it in a dumpster. So, with that said... take a look at what a horrible HORRIBLE man I am... it's just plain wrong!

The only way to feel good about doing something so wrong is to have some good theme music... I love this soundtrack :thumbsup:

Enjoy,
Arby.

Click image to download... (3.98MB)

·
On your left!
1,301 Posts
Spielberg got nothing on you man...

as far as putting together a soundtrack? Well Lucus, look out.

Any salvagable parts??

LOL.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
racerx said:
as far as putting together a soundtrack? Well Lucus, look out.

Any salvagable parts??

LOL.
LB rules. He always picks some killer tunes for his vids. I was watching the Karate Kid the other night and heard this song "You're the best" so I did some researching & downloading. LOL... I love cheesey 80's songs.

No salvageable parts... that baby was shot.

Arby

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Arby said:
Hey folks:
For a few months before we moved into our new place there was this cool old 3 speed Sears bike outside our place.
Dude, that's not a Free Spirit! It's a one-of-a-kind prototype built by Cino Cinelli himownself and disguised as a stealthy urban commuter. It was allegedly used by an Italian beauty to smuggle war planning documents to the allies during WW2. I believe MB1 often takes pictures at the grave of the fallen hero. People have been on a quest to recover that frame since it was rumored to have been hidden in Tunisia to avoid detection in the late 40's. Sadly, the trail went dead along with an agent of the KGB during the cold war. Didn't you see the complete lack of skill with which it was built? It's a level of deceit only achieved by the master in a complete zen like trance after a few bottles of nice Chianti.

Oh the humanity!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.