Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local pro shop usually has several consignment bikes on the floor, one of which now is a mint Master X Lite Colnago. It has chrome lugs, star shaped tubes, and a mixture of 11spd C-Record and Chorus. Similar to photo, but different wheels.

The colnago is very light, lighter than my 1885 alum/hydro/carbon.

The owner wants $2750, and I offered $2250. A store employee said they would call the owner, but I have't not heard back from the bike shop for three weeks.
So...what do you guys think? I think it's worth over $2750, but I don't need another bike.:mad2: If it's still there should I go for it?

I'm sure the owner is now riding some carbon fiber thing and doesn't appreciate the Colnago.

·
Bibo Ergo Sum
1,400 Posts
Only you can decide if it's worth that or not; personally I wouldn't pay it but that's me. However, a well known bike e-tailer has that same frameset for $2070.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PRB said:
Only you can decide if it's worth that or not; personally I wouldn't pay it but that's me. However, a well known bike e-tailer has that same frameset for $2070.
I'm talking about the whole bike, not just the frame.

·
Bibo Ergo Sum
1,400 Posts
Bill Bikie said:
I'm talking about the whole bike, not just the frame.
Yeah, I understood that. I was just making a comparison of what the frameset alone would cost if you bought a new one to build.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I would say $2500 would be worth it. Just look at what the components and frame come up to in new condition. I would be more than happy on that ride for $2500.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thats a damn beautiful bike

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,269 Posts
Buy it now. What size is it?

·
Cpark
2,062 Posts
Bill Bikie said:
A local pro shop usually has several consignment bikes on the floor, one of which now is a mint Master X Lite Colnago. It has chrome lugs, star shaped tubes, and a mixture of 11spd C-Record and Chorus. Similar to photo, but different wheels.

The colnago is very light, lighter than my 1885 alum/hydro/carbon.

The owner wants $2750, and I offered $2250. A store employee said they would call the owner, but I have't not heard back from the bike shop for three weeks.
So...what do you guys think? I think it's worth over $2750, but I don't need another bike.:mad2: If it's still there should I go for it?

I'm sure the owner is now riding some carbon fiber thing and doesn't appreciate the Colnago.

Isn't the Fulcrum Racing Light Wheelset cost over $2,000 new?
If so, buy it right away.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts