Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Not sure if this is 100% the right place for this. Does anyone have any recommendations for good bike fitters / shops in the Boston / Southern NH area? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Between Boston and Southern NH is Fitwerx in Peabody. They're good. They also have a small fit studio in Lexington but I don't know anything about what's going on at that satellite shop in Lexington. The Peabody location is very good though.

Some of my riding buddies swear by Philip Wong at Riverside Cycles in Newburyport MA. Never been there myself.

Might be out of your way but Roy at Grace Cycles in Holliston MA is great. Heck of a nice guy who actually listens (rare in the Boston area) and has all the credentials, tools and experience you could ask for. Highly recommended.

I live in Boston and if there's a good fitter in Boston proper they've managed to remain well hidden from me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Between Boston and Southern NH is Fitwerx in Peabody. They're good. They also have a small fit studio in Lexington but I don't know anything about what's going on at that satellite shop in Lexington. The Peabody location is very good though.

Some of my riding buddies swear by Philip Wong at Riverside Cycles in Newburyport MA. Never been there myself.

Might be out of your way but Roy at Grace Cycles in Holliston MA is great. Heck of a nice guy who actually listens (rare in the Boston area) and has all the credentials, tools and experience you could ask for. Highly recommended.

I live in Boston and if there's a good fitter in Boston proper they've managed to remain well hidden from me.
Awesome thank you. I was poking around google and Roy at Grace Cycles came up a few times from various forums. I'll look at booking a session with him, I'm coming from NH and would rather head towards Holliston.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know of anyone who has used the BG fit at Goodales bike shop in NH by chance? I need to get this sorted out a little quicker now. After riding the bike all week last week I realized on Friday that I literally couldn't feel my wiener, dead numb. I'm starting to regain feeling but I think this might expose either how bad my fit was or that I really need a new saddle / proper fitting.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Do you know of anyone who has used the BG fit at Goodales bike shop in NH by chance? I need to get this sorted out a little quicker now. After riding the bike all week last week I realized on Friday that I literally couldn't feel my wiener, dead numb. I'm starting to regain feeling but I think this might expose either how bad my fit was or that I really need a new saddle / proper fitting.
Mags,

I regularly use Goodale's for all my bike needs but went with Fitwerx for the fit. Their Lexington shop is fit by appointment only. If you choose to go with Goodale's, Seth will take very good care of you as I've known several folks who have been fit by him.

EEC

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mags,

I regularly use Goodale's for all my bike needs but went with Fitwerx for the fit. Their Lexington shop is fit by appointment only. If you choose to go with Goodale's, Seth will take very good care of you as I've known several folks who have been fit by him.

EEC
Awesome thank you. I think I'm going to go with them, his schedule works really well with mine and I can get in this week!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Awesome thank you. I think I'm going to go with them, his schedule works really well with mine and I can get in this week!
Mags,

Seth is great, the entire staff there is great. I've bought 5 bikes from them in the last 5 years.

3 for me (2 road, 1 mtn)
1 for my daughter (trek fx 2.1)
1 for a friend of the family (trek navigator 2.0)

Where in MA/NH are you located?

EEC

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mags,

Seth is great, the entire staff there is great. I've bought 5 bikes from them in the last 5 years.

3 for me (2 road, 1 mtn)
1 for my daughter (trek fx 2.1)
1 for a friend of the family (trek navigator 2.0)

Where in MA/NH are you located?

EEC
I live in Nashua. I ended up getting this bike from DG in Londonderry. I just booked an appointment with him for Thursday. I'm excited to actually get this bike setup right, hopefully I can alleviate the seat problems and a shoulder problem I'm having with it!

I'm slightly fearful that the bike itself is to big for me. One of my friends sat on it this weekend and thought it felt great...he's 6', I'm 5'6". If it's too big I hope it can be fixed with a stem swap, it has a 110mm so possibly a 80-90mm would make it right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fit was awesome. New saddle, some minor tweaks to seat height, bars and hoods made all the difference in the world. Seth took his time, listened to the issues I was having and made all of the adjustments around them. Going to finally get back on the bike tonight for a decent ride and try the new saddle out!

·
Registered
752 Posts
The fit was awesome. New saddle, some minor tweaks to seat height, bars and hoods made all the difference in the world. Seth took his time, listened to the issues I was having and made all of the adjustments around them. Going to finally get back on the bike tonight for a decent ride and try the new saddle out!
Told you, Seth would take good care of you!

Enjoy the ride.

EEC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts