Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a trainer or training system that I can hook up to my tv, playstation, pc, etc. that will allow me to actually train like playing a video game (ride a course on the screen or something). I've searched on goodle and have found vestiges of something like this, but can't seem to get a hold of what I'm looking for... anyone know what i'm talking about or have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I know of three virtual reality trainers: Tacx I-Magic, Tacx Fortius, and the Racermate Computrainer. You should be able to find out lots of information I have an I-Magic and it does keep me mcuh more interested in the winter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You're probably thinking of something like this. I personally love my computrainer; the Spinveral DVDs keep me pretty motivated for an hour or more; if I'm just doing a long (or recovery) ride without worrying about effort all that I pop in a movie.

·
Cat 6
4,696 Posts
I've had the Tacx Fortius for about a month now and can't say enough good things about it. Racing against computer opponents, my own personal best times or best times from friends with the same trainer and real life video rides really makes it fun to ride the trainer...plus it's a killer workout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.