Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Riddler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been putting in solid 800-900 TSS weeks since mid-january, with a few 3-4day rest periods scattered throughout, usually every 2.5-3 weeks. I went a little big, maybe too big over spring break and really put myself in a hole. Did 25hrs, 1300 TSS Thurs-Wed and think I overreached a little too far.

This was after a 3 day rest period that followed a 2.5week block where I did 900TSS/week. I've been playing around with looking at TSS/week, depending on where I start the block (i.e. Thursday, vs. Monday vs. Sunday) and have some different results. Starting Sunday, I've done 4 weeks of 950 TSS, starting Monday, its a little different. Obviously, the PMC should clear this up. I went from 95 to 110 CTL in a week, and this past week has seen me exhausted. Should I keep trying to go out and do workouts (yest and today were the first days I tried, and just felt smoked), or should I set a longer rest period and stick with it. My CTL is back to about 96.

Anyway, long post, sorry. Just curious what people do when they dig themselves a hole, realize it, and go from there.

·
extremely biased
870 Posts
I think your FTP is set to low. Maintaining 900 a week is pretty rough if your FTP is set correctly. 700 a week seems to be the tipping point for a lot of guys for any length of time. I get 700-900 a week riding 4-6 days a week.

If, your FTP is set incorrectly your CTL, ATL, and TSB are all just cool to look at becuase they are not worth a damn.

I doubt you've been doing 900 a week for that long.

Starnut

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
yeah set the powermeter aside for a moment.

go into a dark, quiet room, like maybe your bedroom. lay down, get comfy, close your eyes for 15 minutes.

if you fall asleep, you got your answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts