Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent 3 hours entering data for the expense reports from my recent trip to Seattle using an online tool designed by idiots. Since when does hitting a cancel button 3 layers deep into the entry forms delete every single item you entered!! I can't imagine what it's like for Terry in China.. Just pay for my room, ticket & car and give me a per diem instead of having to document every little item please..

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
The single biggest piece of drudgery in my week.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
we get a cash per diem, plus we have a CC for other expenses. Everything is entered into an Excel form and then emailed. Works great.

btw my favorite Latin saying is "carpe per diem" which I believe means "seize the beer money" in English :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It's nice having upfront expenses taken care of (hotel, plane ticket, etc) and a cash per diem before leaving.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Systems are generally designed by those that don't have to use them...

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
I think companies figure that the more annoying it is to fill out the expense reports, the less likely you will be to actually utilize them.

·
Registered
11,066 Posts
the state is especially whacked on expense/travel requirements.

for a local (<100 miles) field excursion that involves $0 expenditure (no air fare, rent car, lodging, meals, or expendables), I'm still required to submit 4 seperate documents and procure 5 signatures of authorization.

effin crazy.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Oxtox said:
the state is especially whacked on expense/travel requirements.

for a local (<100 miles) field excursion that involves $0 expenditure (no air fare, rent car, lodging, meals, or expendables), I'm still required to submit 4 seperate documents and procure 5 signatures of authorization.

effin crazy.
ditto. our state's time submittal and expense reporting progam is the biggest pile of **** ever.

7 states fired them, we hired them after we new they had been fired from all other state government work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts