Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been running a Shimano compact crank (I think it's the original R700) and Ultegra BB for a couple of years, but I'm not altogether happy. The BB system is definitely not as smooth or free-spinning as the previous square taper BB, and every so often the crank starts to generate noisy clicks, and I have to break everything down and reinstall. I'm intrigued by the TA Zephyr Light and Carmina cranks at Peter White, and wondering if anyone has tried them. How does the shifting compare for 10-spd? One thing that the TA cranks have over Shimano is the different ring sizes. I may be moving to a flatter part of the country and would rather have 34-48 instead of 50.
thanks

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I've had several TA cranks, but not recently. The only things I can say about them is they're a good quality product, they look good, and they usually have a very wide selection of chain ring sizes. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
The 110 bolt pattern

is what I love about compacts. TA are every bit as good as the big 2. White sells stuff that works, no nonsense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts