Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally decided to take the plunge and get properly fitted to my bike, question is in the Socal area there are two fitters that seem recommended Nate Loyal and Predator Cycling. Cost is not an issue since 25 bucks is the difference between the two. So for those of you who have experience with either what was your experience? Thanks.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
If they're both recommended, I'll bet you'll get nothing but good reviews. I'd go and talk to the fitters, and ask them questions. How long does a fitting take? A good one can take 2 to 4 hours. Do they make adjustments after? Do they have references?
Also listen for questions they should be asking you: riding style, pains, how long and often you ride. Everyone wants to go fast, but you want to get a fit that will work best for your intended use. A racer will have a very different setup than a weekend cruiser who rides 30 miles at a time.
You'll get a feeling of who you'd rather fit you by doing this.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nate will ask you what type of riding you do. There is no one I want to have fit my bikes except him. Even now living in Indiana, I will probably visit LA or wait until he flies through Minneapolis/St Paul to get fitted for my next bike. Simply amazing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for your responses. I have on additional question, after the fitting process is completed do you get a copy of your dimensions for future use and record or is the process strictly eyeballing? I'd like a print out to keep for record when I change my frame out to have something to approximate top tube length, stem length etc.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
you didn't ask this, but I"ll add another option: Ashton at Sundance Cycles (Agoura HIlls). He is an expert fitter, uses Retul for dynamic fitting, and will spend hours getting you dialed in. He's so into fitting that he brought in John Cobb (one of the gurus of bike fit, works with Armstrong etc) for a few days to do fits together to see how Cobb approaches fit. In the hands of a good fitter, Retul is great. Dynamic fitting (at various loads) is excellent, since it computes angles as determined by your pedal stroke (impossible with static load). Retul computes all your bike measurments as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts