Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to see if anyone has experience installing these tires on tubeless rims. I have read that these can be difficult to install on some rims so I want to make sure I am not setting myself up for failure or too much frustration. I am planning on installing them on Easton EA90 XD rims. Any experience, tips, or tricks would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
734 Posts
No experience with them on Easton rims, but we included them in our cross tubeless test last year. They can be a very snug fit on some rims, and on our experience they ran big to the point of nearly huge. Be aware that they might cause a larger drop in spoke pressure than some tires, because they are so tight.

A huge amount of tire mounting is technique, and it's hard to get a bead on whether good technique is being used in some of these "impossible mounting" horror stories. I found the Cross Boss to be a snug fit on Pacenti SL23 and SL25, and Stans's Grails, but it wasn't a nightmare at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is great information. I was strongly considering the Hutchinson Toro but based on suggestions I have received I'm also looking at Specialized Tracer 2Bliss tires. I have heard they work well as a good all around tire. Not sure if you have any experience with these. Thanks again, Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts