Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,037 Posts
The drive side dropout on my Serotta Legend cracked. I discovered it on a Sunday, 20 calendar days before RAIN (Ride Across INdiana) which is the only major ride that I do each year. On Monday my LBS was on the telephone with Serotta and they agreed that it was a warranty claim and committed that they would do their best to get it back to me in time for RAIN.

The LBS stripped the bike to the frame on Monday and shipped it to Serotta on Tuesday. Serotta overnighted the frame at no cost so that it arrived at the LBS had it on Thursday (16 calendar days after it was shipped to Serotta) and I was able to pick up on Friday morning before RAIN.

It helped that the frame was unpainted titanium so no repainting was involved.

I felt this was outstanding service.

· Descender
2,213 Posts
I had an 07 Look 585 that had a small problem with the seat tube - they determined it was a warrantable situation and provided me with a new 10 585 frame.
The decision and support from Look was appreciated, however it did take them 5 months to get me a new frame - probably 3 weeks of that time was eaten up because of the holidays, but still 4 months is a long wait.
In the interim they did offer me alternatives, 586 or 595 - I liked the 585 so much that i stayed with that frame and it was a good decision in spite of the extended time.

· Registered
662 Posts
Last fall Specialized replace my cracked 04 Roubaix Comp frame with an 09. I had the bike back from the LBS in a week. The only cost to me was to buy a braze on front derailleur; the 04 was clamp on.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
Had two warranty issues with my Cannondale System Six. The first issue was a crack in the carbon downtube. Cannondale took the bike back and sent me a new frame. The second was with the BB30 carbon cranks. The threading that holds the pedal spindle to the crank de-bonded. They also replaced these cranks without charge with an FSA SL-K carbon crank.

So while my Cannondale has had quality problems, they have been great about the warranty.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So your Spindle began to crack??? If you can take a look at another one of my treads titled "Cracked Bottom Bracket", it's in the General Forum. My Super Six is "I Believe" having the same problem (photo is attached). I ended up crashing because of a dropped chain and the bike shop thought it could have been the reason why (twecked the crank set just enough). Let me you if it looks like your's..it would really help w/ warranty isses. Thanks.

· Registered
233 Posts
My LBS found a hairline crack in the frame of my Bianchi, and Bianchi replaced it free of charge. I had something like 13,000 miles on the bike in three years. And the LBS put it all together for me for free, too.

Nice, huh?

· Just Plain Bitter
8,622 Posts
Look has been excellent with me. Cracked a brand new set of handlebars. They had the shop send them in and Look reviewed and warrantied them. All totaled it took about 10 days to get the replacements in.

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Got clipped by a car last October and crashed...cracked the head tube on my 2 yr old 5.2 Madone (12k miles) - TREK covered the damage under their Carbon Care program (ie wholesale cost of replacement frame) without question, and then indicated the bike may have been "resin rich" once they got it back for inspection and flat gave me a replacement frame.

I ended up paying the difference in cost and upgrading to a new Series 6.

We'll see how they handle my current problem: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=215488

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.