Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Voila! She's here...

F100, SRAM Force (except for Rival brakes). Otherwise pretty much standard aside from the R28X Aero wheels. I didn't bother to weigh it, but it's easily as light if not lighter than my Madone.

Amazingly it made it across the country in one piece. Slapped her together and took her for a quick shakedown and tried to get the fitting right. It's close, but it raining and I'm going to need to put some miles on to fine tune things.

I will say, initial impressions:

- pics don't do it justice. The quality is outstanding. It has a fantastic well put together feel
- it sounds like the internal cable routing is rattling around in the top tube which is annoying
- this is my first SRAM group, and compared to my 105 on the Madone it slays it, at least as far as upshifts go. I'm still getting used to the downshift setup... I wish there were noticeable detents when dropping more than one gear at a push. It becomes more of a feel thing without them, so I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it was a bit disconcerting before I realized you can drop multiple gears ala Shimano with a single longer push.
- deraileur adjustment was good, just need a quick fine tune

Otherwise, I need more miles! Tomorrow morning will tell the tale...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
meat said:
Nice ride. After a week or so of shifting you will have it down.
Hope I figure it out faster than that... I've got group 50 miler Sunday I want to bring it to :eek6:

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
That bike looks nicer in your pics than on the Neuvation website.
You'll get used to the shifting very very fast, it's very intuitive. I'm using Shimano, but I tried SRAM in a shop once. Different for sure, but definitely intuitive.
Possibly the cable slap could be just a tension adjustment. I have that with my front shifting cable.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The downtube feels like tin... you can rap on it with your finger and it sounds like it might dent. Obviously it won't, but it does reverberate quite a bit, so I suspect that's the culprit. Not a big deal.

I was thinking of offering to do some photo work for them... they could use some better pics. It really is a lot sexier than their site would lead you to believe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a F100 full 2010 Sram Force...Absolutely love it! I hate to say it, but this bike puts my Pinarello to shame...Neuvations are a work of art! I have not found anything that I dislike about this bike...However, if you are more concerned about ascetics, brite paint jobs, and high price tags over quailty and craftsmanship you might want to double up your money and take a trip down to your LBS and get a bike with a cheaper groupo and wheelset. :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
SaxyBiker said:
I have a F100 full 2010 Sram Force...Absolutely love it! I hate to say it, but this bike puts my Pinarello to shame...Neuvations are a work of art! I have not found anything that I dislike about this bike...However, if you are more concerned about ascetics, brite paint jobs, and high price tags over quailty and craftsmanship you might want to double up your money and take a trip down to your LBS and get a bike with a cheaper groupo and wheelset. :)
Obvious company plant!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bridgestone said:
Obvious company plant!
Na...I wish I was apart of this company...You must be pissed that you paid double for your bike than what I did for my Nuevation and you got lesser components.

Go to your LBS and try to find a Full Sram Force or Red for less than $2k...I dare ya! :thumbsup:

·
Tonkabaydog
109 Posts
SaxyBiker said:
Na...I wish I was apart of this company...You must be pissed that you paid double for your bike than what I did for my Nuevation and you got lesser components.

Go to your LBS and try to find a Full Sram Force or Red for less than $2k...I dare ya! :thumbsup:
Cannot be done! I am in your camp... but am looking for carbon.

The FC 100 doesn't appeal to me and the new FC 500 is a work of art... but with SRAM Red, is over $3000 which is now in the neighborhood of the name brand 2010 closeouts.

Enjoy your ride, it is one of the best values out there... but in carbon and for $500 more, there are a lot more options.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
SaxyBiker said:

haha ok buddy, we know you like your neuvation. Some people buy bikes for different reasons. i like the way my LOOK rides and feels. I am also willing to pay up to $200 more for a much better looking bike [than the neuvation].

but hey, you get what you want, i'll get what i want. we all get what we pay for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well concidering that you can buy just the Sram Red groupo for $1800 - $2100 I think the FC500 with Red and a great set of wheel for $2900 is a bargin compared to a CERVELO R3 2010 Framset ONLY for $3000...

·
Registered
13 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
haha ok buddy, we know you like your neuvation. Some people buy bikes for different reasons. i like the way my LOOK rides and feels. I am also willing to pay up to $200 more for a much better looking bike [than the neuvation].

but hey, you get what you want, i'll get what i want. we all get what we pay for.
"...I am also willing to pay up to $200 more for a much better looking bike..." WTF? $200 more? Nice try. The Look 566 frameset is $2000 alone.

·
Tonkabaydog
109 Posts
SaxyBiker said:
Well concidering that you can buy just the Sram Red groupo for $1800 - $2100 I think the FC500 with Red and a great set of wheel for $2900 is a bargin compared to a CERVELO R3 2010 Framset ONLY for $3000...
EBAY = Full Red Group 8 piece for $1400.

Two wrongs don't make a right....

Douglas matrix with better and name brand equipment than the FC500 is only $2800.

The FC 500 once upgraded to all RED, b/c the brakes are quoted as Force and the Wheels need to be upgraded to get the the SLX's for another $50 is around $3200.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
SaxyBiker said:
"...I am also willing to pay up to $200 more for a much better looking bike..." WTF? $200 more? Nice try. The Look 566 frameset is $2000 alone.
except i paid $2200 for my LOOK566 w/ Rival groupset, WTF? nice try.

·
Registered
610 Posts
SaxyBiker said:
Laying the smack down Saxy. I'm not going to argue with you though. I would like to see Neuvation offer at least a couple different paint colors, either that or get a better photographer to show off the amazing paint jobs you guys brag about who own one. I'm not sure what I think of the FC500 paint scheme, very understated, not sure if the chicks will dig it or not, like they do my Look 566 (joking). I have seen the FC500 with a different paint job and let me tell you it looks SWEET!!! At any rate, I'm trying to talk my wife into buying the FC500 instead of the Orbea Orca and save ourselves a couple grand. But she's the type of gal that wants to ride before she buys. Maybe I can check into Neuvation's return policy in case she doesn't like it. She rode a Pinarello and thought it was nothing special, then rode an Orca and fell in love.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I've had my F100 w/ Ultegra for a year and a half now and it has been a fantastic bike. Of course the paint job is as boring as it gets, but if you can look past that you are getting a nice bike. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the all black. I was surprised how unique it looked among all the Pinarellos, Treks, etc.

You're right though, they really need to present it better on the site.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
100 mile update:

- it wasn't the internal cabling making noise, it was the cabling hitting the head tube. The metal is so thin it resonates a lot. I just put a couple fuzzy furniture pads under the cables, no more rattle.

- fixed a creak that appears to have actually been coming from the spokes on the r28's where they cross one another. A few dabs of wax lube did the trick, although I also lubed all the skewers, the bars and the headset for good measure.

- I don't feel any difference in ride quality compared to my Madone.

- SRAM Force rules. Forget the shifting, I really love the hoods. I'm in the horrible position of wanting to switch over my 105 Madone... a rival real derailleur and shifters may be in store.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts