Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of building my dream bike this fall and for the frameset have been looking at the Pinarello F4:13 or a Specialized Roubaix Pro. Any thoughts on how these compare?

As to intended use, my riding plans and goals are; I’m on a pace to ride 2k this year, I’ve done one duathlon this spring and plan to do a few more, I’m now training to do a tri and plan to do one or two centuries but most of my riding is 15 to 30 miles rides on local rural roads. Thoughts????

·
Registered
484 Posts
Here's a question for you--- you like the sloped tube top of a Specialized Roubaix or the more level top tube on a F4:13? Personally, I hate the way tube tops are designed on Specialized bikes. It looks to have a very relax geometry.

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
Obviously you need to buy what fits and rides good to you.
That being said. I say get the Pin. Everywhere you look there's some one on a Specialized or a Trek. Snore!!!
Then, next time your in a pace line and some one mentions your curvey bike, you can tell them...8 out of last 20 Tours De France have been won on a Trek, 9 on a Pinarello!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pinarello VS Specialized

I currently own a F4:13 and a Tarmac Pro as well. The Pinarello is an outstanding racer having extreme stiffness where it needs to be with just enough foregiveness to not pummel you up on the longer rides. Comparing the two bikes however, there is no comparison with the comfort and vibration dampening qualities between the two bikes. The Specialized is significantly more foregiving and comfortable and I am confident that the difference between the Roubaix and the F4:13 even more significant. If you plan on racing predominantly with some longer rides as well than the Pinarello is your bike. If youre emphasis is not on racing but more on longer miles, the Roubaix is NO doubt the way to go.

MIF

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is an 06.....I did read your initial question more thoroughly after I replied and you did say it would be for shorter "events".....that being the case...the Pinarello is SOOOO sexy...forget everything I said about the Tarmac....lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.