Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to buy a f95 2011, my size is 51 cm. i'm going to use it to climb mountain passes in Colombia. some of them very steep, entire kms with more than 10% of slope. does someone know if the shifters are compatible with triple crankset? i bought a sugino 46 - 36 -26 crankset and want to installed in my new bike.

other question, does someone know the weight of the f95 2011 size 51?

thanks

·
3T Cycling
1,237 Posts
gusduncan said:
i'm going to buy a f95 2011, my size is 51 cm. i'm going to use it to climb mountain passes in Colombia. some of them very steep, entire kms with more than 10% of slope. does someone know if the shifters are compatible with triple crankset? i bought a sugino 46 - 36 -26 crankset and want to installed in my new bike.

other question, does someone know the weight of the f95 2011 size 51?

thanks
The shifters are designed to operate a double front derailleur with a double crankset. If you want to use a triple, you'll need a new shifter, front der, rear der, chain and possibly a BB if you don't already have one.

An easier fix for your low-gearing needs it to just install a Shimano 9 speed MTB rear derailleur and 11-34/36t cassette.

The inner ring on the stock crankset is a 34t, so you'd have 1:1 with the MTB 11-34 cassette.

The inner ring on your Sugino crankset is a 26t, so with the stock cassette you'd have a bigger gear with the triple vs. the double and a new MTB cassette.

As for the bike weight, the 56cm size weighs 9.4kg.

-SD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SuperdaveFelt said:
The shifters are designed to operate a double front derailleur with a double crankset. If you want to use a triple, you'll need a new shifter, front der, rear der, chain and possibly a BB if you don't already have one.

An easier fix for your low-gearing needs it to just install a Shimano 9 speed MTB rear derailleur and 11-34/36t cassette.

The inner ring on the stock crankset is a 34t, so you'd have 1:1 with the MTB 11-34 cassette.

The inner ring on your Sugino crankset is a 26t, so with the stock cassette you'd have a bigger gear with the triple vs. the double and a new MTB cassette.

As for the bike weight, the 56cm size weighs 9.4kg.

-SD
thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts