Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i'm going thru the beginning of a divorce. I have moved out and my wife in a fit of rage has taken over my face book account and posted a bunch of lies. I am now locked out of the account and cant change a thing.\

So i go to facebook page, and start to look for help to permantly delete the account. No luck there. So i finally find a help section where you answer a bunch of questions, about the accont, then it wont allow you to go any further unless you enter the correct pass word????? WTF thats what i am trying to tell you fools, its been compromised.

ARRRGGH, i will never have a face book account after this. Who cares what is up there i just want it closed. Of course stupid face book doesnt have any "customer service" to deal with this issue.

Anyone hae any help here, i am about to go try again. But in a nut shell she has the new password, and i cant access it cause she had my main email account hacked. She is being vindictive and i cant close the site and take it out of her power game.

Bill

·
More carbon fiber please!
791 Posts
Easy solution. Start a new account and use her name. Let every male friend of yours join 'her' friend list and have at the game. Payback is a mofo.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
There are a bunch of "social network suicide" programs out on the web. Designed for people who want to irrevocably nuke accounts. Search for one. A friend who just couldn't say "no" used one to break his FB umbilical cord. They work. But you might need a password.

·
9,790 Posts
We need a link to your Facebook page so we can give you better advice....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow. No easy answers for you, but you just inspired me to change all my passwords and security questions to things only I would know.

·
Custom User Title
359 Posts
Let your lawyer know.
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT start a FB page using her name. payback is a mofo, in court.
use your head. do not be emotional.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i agree with jacman...................yes payback is a mofo and it would be soo sweet to get revenge and play her game and beat her at it................but in the long run it wont look good for you when if it goes to court..................you ever hear the saying "two wrongs dont make one right" im sure you have lol

btw............what in the world did you do to this chick or atleast what is she accusing you of doing ??

·
haole from the mainland
5,962 Posts
Document it, as she's sure to realize--or have her lawyer point out--how stupid her actions were.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sent you a PM.

I agree in that you should not do anything retaliatory right now. Do not lower yourself to that level or potential criminal culpability.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
jorgy said:
Document it, as she's sure to realize--or have her lawyer point out--how stupid her actions were.
this.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
jacman said:
use your head. do not be emotional.
Yup. The emotional response (starting a FB page in her name) is going to cost you dearly in court. Get screen shots of what she did and give them to your lawyer.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,792 Posts
kykr13 said:
Yup. The emotional response (starting a FB page in her name) is going to cost you dearly in court. Get screen shots of what she did and give them to your lawyer.
Also, she is violating the law. Recent US Internet law makes it a crime to forge login credentials. These laws were originally written to nail spammers-but if I remember right they apply generally.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Who cares, it's Facebook. Anybody who knows you is probably going to realize what's happening, and anybody who judges you without actually asking you "Hey, saw you post some crazy stuff on FB, WTF?" probably isn't your friend anyway.

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
Start "the real crossracer" at FB and contact your friends and explain. That should take care of it.

That and screenshots for your attorney. Do the adult thing and dispassionately feel sorry for her vindictiveness but don't try to get revenge.

A jedi craves not these things.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I agree. Just start new account and contact those who matter. It just makes her look like petty. That's far more passive aggresive and looks way better in court. I have a friend who, every time his wife leaves her facebook up, he logs on and writes hillarious posts. Like, "Ever have farts that smell like popcorn". LMAO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts