Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you're riding along getting some nice fresh air, getting loosen up, and having a decent ride. Then it happens you bike thru the path of the angry brazil-but-sized pissed-off bumble-bee from hell. Not content to make you wonder if your lip was hit by a rock or a bug...the damned bumble bee proceeds to sting you....at which point you frantically wipe it off trying not to crash, wipe your hand on your sleeve to discover you pulled its partially inserted stinger out of your face too.

So, you jerks. I don't want any helpful insights or advice. I just want to be derivative.

So THERE.

·
Registered
982 Posts
My account: early on I would catch flies and gnats and whatever else was flitting around in the back of my throat. I have since learned to keep my upper lip low to push air down past my lower lip so I don't have any unwanted protien supplements.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
So you're riding along getting some nice fresh air, getting loosen up, and having a decent ride. Then it happens you bike thru the path of the angry brazil-but-sized pissed-off bumble-bee from hell. Not content to make you wonder if your lip was hit by a rock or a bug...the damned bumble bee proceeds to sting you....at which point you frantically wipe it off trying not to crash, wipe your hand on your sleeve to discover you pulled its partially inserted stinger out of your face too.

So, you jerks. I don't want any helpful insights or advice. I just want to be derivative.

So THERE.
At least your mouth was closed at the time. Last year one bounced off the outside of my lip and stung me on the inside.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Not trying to be helpful...but if you ever wanted to look like the guy in Silence of the Lambs they make these respirators....

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Not trying to be helpful...but if you ever wanted to look like the guy in Silence of the Lambs they make these respirators....
Cosplay.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
was on a solo ride back in 8th grade. around the duck creek turnaround i hit a rock and lost the front wheel. i went down hard and cut up my leg. started the ride home with blood trickling down my calf. i felt something tickle my leg and looked down to see a bee basically sucking blood out of my leg. i swatted, it volunteered its life by stinging me, and my leg hurt more than before.

i sprayed my lef with my water bottle, but it didnt help. i had 5 miles to go back home and decided to swing by chads house for a quick cleanup. he wasnt home, but his mom was. judy came out and was all, "oh my god ed! what happened?" cleaned me up and rode the remaining 2 miles home.

good times.

had a wasp fly into my shirt once. seven stings later and i looked a pale paunchy fool tearing my shirt off and swatting it all over.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts

·
wut?
504 Posts
^^^^^^Truth!!!
One other reason why I wear a cycling cap. I still have a good head of hair but I don't think that will suffice if an angry wasp gets inside my helmet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts