Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How many Look owners have found it necessary or would recommend facing a new 595 bottom bracket prior to installing Campy outboard BB cups ?

A friend has a new 595 Ultra and the BB looks to have some clear over sprayed on it. My suggestion was to clean the paint / overspray off by hand and then thread the cups on then check them all around with a feeler gauge to see how it looks.

I usually don't like facing BB's when there certainly is no need.

Just wanted to see what other owners have found when they built their Looks up.

Thoughts ?

· Registered
10,161 Posts
correct...

That's exactly what I recommend. I remove any paint from the BB shell faces, screw the BB cups in until the contact a .0101 inch feeler gage and then use .008-.012 gages to check for squareness. I've never needed to face a LOOK frame and I've owned four.

· Registered
636 Posts
feeler gauge

C-40 said:
That's exactly what I recommend. I remove any paint from the BB shell faces, screw the BB cups in until the contact a .0101 inch feeler gage and then use .008-.012 gages to check for squareness. I've never needed to face a LOOK frame and I've owned four.
what is a feeler gauge?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.