Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally joined facebook at my wife's recommendation. It's fun right.........no not really. Frick, I found out you couold look up old long lost friends from years gone by and not a single one of those moreons has added me as a friend. Great, now all my insecurities from high school are welling up again......what a bunch of JERKS! :cryin:

·
Administrator
13,006 Posts
You went to school with Flatbar?

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
I have the opposite problem. All these people who I didn't really know or associate with are all wanting to be my friends. Or people who legitimately are friends keep recommending these folks I hardly knew. I don't want to clog up my flow with a bunch of info from people I don't actually know or have anything in common with, but I hate to seem rude.

My HS friends seem to forget that I moved to town in 10th grade, and just didn't get to know everybody they had known since kindergarten.

It also seems like a lot of them are still caught up in the novelty of it, and are friending everyone whose name they recognize. This isn't myspace, people. It's not a competition to see who has the most friends.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Anybody that cares about who friends them on facebook needs to re-examine things in their life.

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
I hate the FB. I have an old account I let everyone friend me on then I deactivated it and opened a new one with jus the people I like lol Problem solved. A couple have discovered my dirty little secret and I just opted to not friend them. Fuggem. You can also make your profile completely unsearchable and unaddable. Explore the Settings tab :thumbsup:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
You need to join the RBR group. That is all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Jup, maybe they dont know you are on FB?? Its a possibility that all of your HS friends have looked for you before you joined and couldn't find you, so they just assume you aren't on it. I would friend a couple of them so they see youre on FB now and ill bet others will start friending you back!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i think you can sort the news feed to keep useless sh!t from clogging it up. BJII is king of that on FB. especially if you read teh lownge too

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Facebook is a Time Paradox.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Am I the last one here not on Facebook?
Nope, I'm not either. In fact, I have no interwebs at home so all my Lounging is done from work. Last thing I need is someother web site killing my productivity.:p

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Guttfiddle isn't anymore so....

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Bulldozer said:
Anybody that cares about who friends them on facebook needs to re-examine things in their life.
off to re-examine things my life....

/ FB is odd. I ignored 5 women who I knew in HS... I was wtf, you barely gave me the time a day 25yrs ago and now you're interested in what I've been up too.... So I banned 'em

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
mohair_chair said:
No. I hope to remain the last one and solidify my title as hypocritical Luddite.

I figure, I already waste more time than I wish to on the interwebs. If people want to know what I'm up to, I'm easy enough to find.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
catzilla said:
No. I hope to remain the last one and solidify my title as hypocritical Luddite.

I figure, I already waste more time than I wish to on the interwebs. If people want to know what I'm up to, I'm easy enough to find.
All of us who aren't on Facebook should get together and form a club.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
svend said:
off to re-examine things my life....

/ FB is odd. I ignored 5 women who I knew in HS... I was wtf, you barely gave me the time a day 25yrs ago and now you're interested in what I've been up too.... So I banned 'em
Are you in teh rbr group?

//You need to be less angry.

///I deleted a girl from my MSN coz I find her constant "Life sucks, life is bad etc etc" pessimism as her messages ****in pissin me off for some reason. And she asked me what's California. Yes, not where but what's that. Maybe that pizzed me off.

·
Opus was just napping
21,653 Posts
mohair_chair said:
All of us who aren't on Facebook should get together and form a club.
Maybe we could set up some kind of website where we could commisurate with one another and let eachother know what we were up to.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
uzziefly said:
Are you in teh rbr group?

//You need to be less angry.

///I deleted a girl from my MSN coz I find her constant "Life sucks, life is bad etc etc" pessimism as her messages ****in pissin me off for some reason. And she asked me what's California. Yes, not where but what's that. Maybe that pizzed me off.

no....

you'd be angry too if you didn't get the free blowup pool with your kid

hope you said that California is a state of mind

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
thatsmybush said:
Maybe we could set up some kind of website where we could commisurate with one another and let eachother know what we were up to.
Excellent idea. I wonder if there is some existing website we could use where we could do something like that. We don't need to reinvent the wheel.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts