Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
lawrence said:
Has anyone taken any factory bike tours and have any comments?
I've been through the Trek facilities at Waterloo and Whitewater. Waterloo was very interesting both from a manufacturing standpoint and from a "where do they really come from?". Whitewater is their assembly and rim facility. Interesting, but less so. - TF

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
My collegiate team took a tour of the Serotta factory a couple of years ago. It was pretty cool to see the stuff being put together, and some of the team bikes for Sierra Nevada that year. They are in Saratoga Springs, NY. I don't know if they regularly offer tours, but you could always call and ask.

Silas

·
Registered
661 Posts
Marinoni in Montreal

Actually in Lachinae. I hit it on a good day a few years back. I was fortunate to get a great tour with an employee named Hugo. He had an interest in what I was doing (photography) and I ended up spending hours there.
They do (did) everything in house including Brazing, tig, plating, painting and wheel building, as well as complete bikes and had a huge supply of all things Campy. I was given a fit too.
Here is a link to Hugo's site, he has come a long way.:

http://www.igraphmedia.com/espace4/

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
I've been through the Trek facilities at Waterloo and Whitewater. Waterloo was very interesting both from a manufacturing standpoint and from a "where do they really come from?". Whitewater is their assembly and rim facility. Interesting, but less so. - TF
Also have been in the Waterford factory (Waterford, WI) a few times on the weekends. Some day there will be a little cardboard box full of lugs with my name on it. - TF

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I second Trek..great tour, the tour guides are people who work there and know their stuff and there all kinds of Lance bikes on display.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts