Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am visiting the 'rents in Portland, just went for an awesome nnc, get back to find I did not bring teh keys to their well-locked pad.

Now I have about four hours to kill. I have my wallet, but am wearing Lycra.

Fail!!

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Lbs Ftw!!!

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
nice...i did that once. ceptin i had to get to work and the only way to get into the house was to ride the 15 miles (one way) to wifey's work to retrieve keys. ouch.

so, what did you do?

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rode some more, duh! Now I am drinking coffee... I will me excited to have a shower!

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
Argentius said:
Rode some more, duh! Now I am drinking coffee... I will me excited to have a shower!
htfu and use the hose.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Here's what you do...

Argentius said:
I am visiting the 'rents in Portland, just went for an awesome nnc, get back to find I did not bring teh keys to their well-locked pad.

Now I have about four hours to kill. I have my wallet, but am wearing Lycra.

Fail!!
My wife's signing books today at Powell's on Burnside. Go buy a couple of hundred and she'll let you sit in her rental car.

·
I Am a Meat Popsicle
222 Posts
You gots the cash, Go to a biker bar...........

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
There is a bar in Chico, WA called the Horse and Cow. It is a submarine and biker bar that originated in Vallejo, CA, moved to San Diego and now finally in Washington state. I stopped there last summer to fill up a water bottle while fully decked out in lycra. I was locked and loaded for a comment but none came. I am in about a dozen pictures on the walls, many of which would prevent me from running for President.

I never get locked out, my smoker niece always leaves the downstairs sliding glass unlocked.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
bigbill said:
There is a bar in Chico, WA called the Horse and Cow. It is a submarine and biker bar that originated in Vallejo, CA, moved to San Diego and now finally in Washington state. I stopped there last summer to fill up a water bottle while fully decked out in lycra. I was locked and loaded for a comment but none came. I am in about a dozen pictures on the walls, many of which would prevent me from running for President.

I never get locked out, my smoker niece always leaves the downstairs sliding glass unlocked.
This post here is a pristine representaion of too little information.

G

·
bigbill said:

Now my curiosity is piqued.

I shall have to consult Google MAps to find Chico, Wa.

Chico, CA - I know where that is.

Chico, Wa - no idea. Sounds like it may be worth the trip though.

G

·
OldEndicottHiway said:
I say it's time for a PNW RBR road trip to Chico,Wa for a little intel recon mission, seeing a Bigbill probably won't come clean.
We would have to hit every bar in town to make sure we found the right one.

It's a big job.

I think I 'm up to it.

Being diligent about finding every bar will be key.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
I say it's time for a PNW RBR road trip to Chico,Wa for a little intel recon mission, seeing a Bigbill probably won't come clean.

There are a few traditions in the Horse and Cow that started in Vallejo, were passed to San Diego when Mare Island closed, and got packed up and moved to Washington State when the H&C closed in San Diego. When my old sub would arrive in SD, we would get a free keg and a free naked group photo. The photo was after the keg floated. There is a book, Blind Man's Bluff, that discusses goings-on at the H&C.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
toomanybikes said:
We would have to hit every bar in town to make sure we found the right one.

It's a big job.

I think I 'm up to it.

Being diligent about finding every bar will be key.

I have a sneaking suspicion there is only one bar in Chico, Wa. Maybe two.

One of the two has photos of Bigbill engaged in illicit activity plastered all over its walls. That'd be the one we're looking for.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.