Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

"Fair" value of a 1993 Bridgestone RB1 frame

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  FatTireFred 
#1 ·
I am in a quest to bike downsize and want to find a good home for my yellow 8 Speed frame. I want to come up with a fair price but at the same time don't want to be taken for price granted. This frame is in really good shape with only a few nicks near the chainstays and some cable rub around the head tube and rear brake area.

Suggestions? I thought I saw a brand new one go for around a grand but not sure. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Scooper said:
Completed eBay listings always provides a realistic idea. I did a quick check and found this one that sold for $600 "Buy-it-Now" on July 12.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170239061986
that's for a complete bike. Guessing a frame would get you $100-200 tops, but what do I know. Can't see what's so special about the Bridgestone to command big $$.

#5 ·
greek guy said:
I am in a quest to bike downsize and want to find a good home for my yellow 8 Speed frame. I want to come up with a fair price but at the same time don't want to be taken for price granted. This frame is in really good shape with only a few nicks near the chainstays and some cable rub around the head tube and rear brake area.

Suggestions? I thought I saw a brand new one go for around a grand but not sure. Thanks in advance.
A grand for an RB-1, only the frame, not a complete bike? Man, that seller found a pretty big sucker then. Happens from time to time. Even for a complete RB-1, that's pretty high. :frown2:

On Craigslist, I usually see complete RB-1s going for $600-800. Assume the frame is half of that, and your RB-1 frame is prolly worth $300-400, tops. You can try for higher (i.e. wait for a sucker), but you may be waiting awhile. Or you may get lucky and find that sucker, who knows? Good luck.

Too bad you don't have an XO-1, those go for quite a lot.

#8 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
that's for a complete bike. Guessing a frame would get you $100-200 tops, but what do I know. Can't see what's so special about the Bridgestone to command big $$.

tons of people would jump at 100-200

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.