Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I don't have Photoshop at home, and I have to look busy here, curious what you guys might come up with.

The rules are as follows:

1) Go to Wikipedia, click "Random Article." The title of the article is your fake band's name.

2) Go to Wikiquote, click "Random Article." Use any part of the last quote for the fake album name.

3) Go to Flickr's "Last 7 Days" page. The fifth image is your fake album cover art. Edit as needed.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
vinyl, 8 track, cassette, cd or digital?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
Think you would have had 45's in your list... :)
I don't remember them having artwork or covers, just a paper sleeve/jacket. But then again, there's a lot i don't remember

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,283 Posts
how 'bout four tracks? my sister had one in her '66 mustang.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
Furst!

I'll play

fwiw, the bird is a white breasted Robin!

Attachments

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
btw, this is for an 8 inch reel of magnetic tape, 16 track!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Album

It was stated in the thread title.

As in, vinyl record where you would do album art.

Not a cassette, not an 8 track, not a 45, not a CD, not an iTune song(s) with associated art.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
Album

It was stated in the thread title.

As in, vinyl record where you would do album art.

Not a cassette, not an 8 track, not a 45, not a CD, not an iTune song(s) with associated art.
That would be Christine's call not yours.

Merriam-Webster says:

Full Definition of album
a : a book with blank pages used for making a collection (as of autographs, stamps, or photographs)
b : a cardboard container for a phonograph record : jacket
c : one or more recordings (as on tape or disc) produced as a single unit <a 2-CD album>

: a collection usually in book form of literary selections, musical compositions, or pictures : anthology

·
Registered
5,488 Posts

wikipedia random article: Elizabeth Jaffray
wikiquote random page: Regular Show (season 4)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts

wikipedia random article: Elizabeth Jaffray
wikiquote random page: Regular Show (season 4)
we were supposed to disclose? oops

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
we were supposed to disclose? oops
Wasn't sure if we were supposed to show our work or not, probably not. I just went to each site, clicked the "random" link and used the first page it landed on. I'm assuming that's the idea.

Since I don't have Photoshop at home, and I have to look busy here, curious what you guys might come up with.
You don't need any fancy software for this one, I used Paint and it took about 2 or 3 minutes and most of that was settling on a font.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome!! Keep 'em coming!

I tried Paint at home, but the minute I tried uploading/saving the file, it went to sh!t. I even tried Word, no dice! :rolleyes:

Gotta see what we got here on the old work computer.............

·
half-fast
7,387 Posts
I didn't really need this temptation to screw off. It's bad enough that there's more stuff to look at here, and now this.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
you're welcome....

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't really need this temptation to screw off. It's bad enough that there's more stuff to look at here, and now this.
If my cube-neighbor can talk on the phone all day, I can work on the occasional fake album cover. Though mine never end up as cool as the others.

Body of water Nature Vegetation Daytime Natural landscape

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This must be v1 of Paint.............my covers are depressing.

Nature Vegetation Branch Grass Daytime

I might have to start mining my cube-neighbor's conversations for some album quotes, for my own sanity. :idea:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts